World ShowCase Holiday info

orlpassholder

Original Poster
November 29 – December 30, 2002

Throughout the holidays, World Showcase comes alive with the legends and lore of the season. Come listen to the stories of France's Père Noel, Italy's LaBefana, and Santa Claus at the American Adventure. Celebrate each evening with our tree-lighting ceremony, and discover richly diverse holiday traditions from the far corners of the world. Also enjoy the Lights of Winter - a dazzling canopy of lights glittering with holiday cheer.
One of the most beloved Epcot® holiday traditions is the Candlelight Processional - a joyous retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a glorious mass choir.

Candlelight Processional*
World Showcase, America Gardens Theatre
November 29 - December 30, 2002

Program offerings, celebrity narrators, and other elements are subject to change.

Every evening at 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. a celebrity narrator with a 50-piece orchestra and a live massed choir shares the retelling of the of the Christmas story.
Narrators Dates Appearing
Roy E. Disney November 29, 30, and December 1
John Tesh December 2, 3, and 4
Marlee Matlin December 5, 6, and 7
Angela Bassett December 8, 9, and 10
Yolanda Adams December 11, 12, and 13
David Hartman December 14, 15, and 16
TBD December 17, 18, and 19
Blair Underwood December 20, 21, and 22
Gary Sinise December 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28
Jodi Benson December 29 and 30

Please note: on Sunday, December 1, 2002 there will be no 5:00 p.m. performance of the Candlelight Processional.

Candlelight Dinner Packages - Guest may call (407)-WDW-DINE for booking.

Tier 1
Adults - $26.99 / Child (3-11) - $10.95
The Garden Grill Restaurant - The Land
Biergarten - Germany
Restaurant Akershus - Norway

Tier 2
Adults - $32.99 / Child (3-11) - $10.95
San Angel Inn - Mexico
Restaurant Marrakesh - Morocco
Nine Dragons - China
Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room - United Kingdom

Tier 3
Adults - $39.99 / Child (3-11) - $10.95
Chefs de France - France
L’Orignale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante - Italy
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room - Japan

Notes:
Gratuity is included.
Beverage not included.
Prices do not include tax.
Dining Packages may be picked up in the Prearrange Group Sales building.
Dinner packages do not include park admission.
There will be no dinner packages offered:
December 1, 2002 - All Shows
December 2, 2002 - 5:00pm
Tree Lighting Ceremony
World Showcase Plaza
Performed daily at 5:55pm
Other Holiday Elements
Holiday Storytellers
Kwanzaa (December 26 - January 1) and Hanukkah (November 30, 2002) exhibits in The American Adventure Rotunda
Unique internationally themed merchandise and gifts including a recording of the Candlelight Processional on CD featuring Phylicia Rashad.

O2Binspired

other events afterward

Thank you for all this info! On Christmas Eve we'll see trees light up at 5:55, CP at 6:45, then we have an 8:10 seating at Chefs de France...will there still be parade of nations, followed by illuminations?...and at what approximate time would parade start? How late can one stay if dining in the world showcase vs. the park closing time? (we don't want to be rushed to be done at 9:30). Finally, are storytellers on a schedule of any kind...how can we find them at the various pavillions (just by chance?)

SewIn2Disney

I was wondering the same thing. I will be in Disney for Christmas for the first time. Is there any other little known event that I should do while I'm there? I already know about the big things to do such as Osbourne Lights, Candlelight Prcessional, and Very Merry Christmas Party, but is there anything else I should see? Thanks in advance for the tips.

Maria

You can find the storytellers ´s schedule here:

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

Go to Epcot, then Holidays Around the World :animwink:

You are not rushed to leave at 9:30, but I believe that´s about the time things start wrapping up at the restaurants in WSC. I think you will have plenty of time. In fact, you will want to finish earlier so you can see Illuminations! :animwink:

Have a great trip! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom