Working out - Is there a workout room at Fort Wilderness?

magicwand

Original Poster
I know that the Wilderness Lodge has a workout facility but is there one available at Fort Wilderness? Can a person use the Lodge workout room if the Fort does not have one? Or, for that matter, can you use any workout facility at WDW if you are staying on property? TIA.

Club Cooloholic

I know that the Wilderness Lodge has a workout facility but is there one available at Fort Wilderness? Can a person use the Lodge workout room if the Fort does not have one? Or, for that matter, can you use any workout facility at WDW if you are staying on property? TIA.
Yup, it's called not taking any busses or golf carts for cardio. To work the muscles chop your own wood! I don't think there is a way to prohibit you from getting into the workout rooms at other places, but it would be a hassle to get to them.

Weather_Lady

Fort Wilderness doesn't have a fitness center. I'd check ahead of time with Wilderness Lodge about access there, as you have to scan your MagicBand to get in, and use of the fitness center is an amenity advertised only for guests of that resort. I suspect they don't allow "fitness center"-hopping any more than they allow pool-hopping.

If they still offer day passes at the Grand Floridian fitness center (there are only 1 or 2 resorts that do), you could look into that as well.

nickys

Premium Member
Yup, it's called not taking any busses or golf carts for cardio. To work the muscles chop your own wood! I don't think there is a way to prohibit you from getting into the workout rooms at other places, but it would be a hassle to get to them.

The gyms at the resorts are for guests of that resort only. Poly guests can use the GF one I believe, but that’s the only exception that I know of. They are strict about that, a magic band is required to use the gyms.

Edit: you both beat me to it @Tuvalu and @Weather_Lady! Great minds and all .....

Sans Souci

Have you thought about looking at You Tube for some workouts before you go? You can save them for future viewing then stream them at the resort. There's all sorts on there. If you're concerned about not having access to weights, take a break from it for a week and try bodyweight workouts. You won't lose any gainz. Check out fitness blender--they have a really wide variety.

Beacon Joe

Negative, Ghost Rider.

The Sturdy Branches Health Club is complimentary for Guests (14 or older) staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

I don't know if this is still practiced, but the various gyms used to allow non-resort guests to pay a day fee for access. It was a surprisingly decent price and cheaper than my local county rec centers' day fees.

LOL. Strike that. I forgot they're all MagicBanded these days.

ETA: Since this thread is attracting gym people, I'll throw this out there... would anybody be interested in contributing to a master WDW Gym thread? It's a topic that I haven't really seen documented or explored in depth on this forum, and I think it would be helpful to compile details on all of the resorts' gyms (e.g. equipment available, equipment count, free weight stats, reviews, etc).

reptar77

Negative, Ghost Rider.

ETA: Since this thread is attracting gym people, I'll throw this out there... would anybody be interested in contributing to a master WDW Gym thread? It's a topic that I haven't really seen documented or explored in depth on this forum, and I think it would be helpful to compile details on all of the resorts' gyms (e.g. equipment available, equipment count, free weight stats, reviews, etc).

I have video and photos if there is a thread.

ppete1975

I was shocked a few years ago going to port orleans and realizing they didn't have a gym. I get you are there to be a part of the magic, and there are amazing places to walk or jog. But if you like to lift there really aren't many places. Even cheap hotels have workout facilities so it strikes me as odd. I assumed all the resorts would have a mickey mouse workout area with the weights have the mickey logo on the side, and being themed.

Jon81uk

I was shocked a few years ago going to port orleans and realizing they didn't have a gym. I get you are there to be a part of the magic, and there are amazing places to walk or jog. But if you like to lift there really aren't many places. Even cheap hotels have workout facilities so it strikes me as odd. I assumed all the resorts would have a mickey mouse workout area with the weights have the mickey logo on the side, and being themed.

I've stayed in a lot of cheap hotels that don't have any gym facilities. It definitely doesn't surprise me that the Disney value resorts don't offer one. The moderate hotels for the price they charge probably should have something but again, its not a huge surprise to me that they don't.
What does surprise me is that Universals new budget Endless Summer resorts do offer a fitness centre.

ppete1975

I've stayed in a lot of cheap hotels that don't have any gym facilities. It definitely doesn't surprise me that the Disney value resorts don't offer one. The moderate hotels for the price they charge probably should have something but again, its not a huge surprise to me that they don't.
What does surprise me is that Universals new budget Endless Summer resorts do offer a fitness centre.
motel 6's have fitness center... every vegas hotel does I have stayed in some pretty scary hotels tat did. Disney just doesn't because they don't have to, but for the price there really isn't an excuse for any built in the last 20 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom