Working for the Mouse

Firebird

Original Poster
I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I do not usually go on this section of the forums.
I live in England but ever since I was three I wanted to work at Disney (feature animation or imagineering). How would I go about getting a job, this is after taking art at university (hopefully). This is a life ambition so any heelp would be grately appreciated.

Maria

Hi! I don´t really know how to do about getting a job after you have studied a career in art. If I had known about it, I would probably be there! hehe ;)
If it is hard for an american to get a job there, it´s harder for a foreigner! That´s all I can tell you, first hand experience...
You can check this site www.wdwip.com for some info and maybe there is some program you can get an internship in what you are looking for and from there, try to get a permanent job.
Hope this helps... good luck!! :)

DisJosh

Hi!

My dream is also to work for either WDI or WDFA. First step is to get into a decent art school or major in art at a college (university for the brits :D ).

I'm going to Ringling School of Art and Design this fall. My plans are as follows.....

I'm going to apply for the Walt Disney World College Program. It's tons of fun and it can also get you connections with in the Disney company. Having Disney on you resume always helps too. A year or so later I hope to apply for the CP again but for an advanced position....again a great time w/ lots of experience to gain and even more opertunities to get to know people within the company. My senior year I plan on applying for the Walt Disney Imagineering or Animation internships...hopefully my previous experience with the company and any contacts I've made with the company will work towards my being accepted into one of those two higly competative internships. All I can do then is my best and hope that when the time comes I'll interview w/ WDI and get the job or maybe even be recruited.

Sure it all sounds very ambitious but those who know me know thats what I'm all about...making my dreams come true. I think if you have a plan for life and a dream to follow everything will work out for you....sure not all according to plan but if you don't try and reach for those dreams you will never know! :)

Hope I could be of some help to you. :)

Lhriangel

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

LOL I know what you mean about trying to make your dreams a reality. I'm working on that right about now. :) (not getting anywhere but that's another story.)

DisJosh

Originally posted by Angelique
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

LOL I know what you mean about trying to make your dreams a reality. I'm working on that right about now. :) (not getting anywhere but that's another story.)

LOL well it's like when cartoons try to run away from something and they don't move but their legs just spin. Ya know? lol Eventually you take off and gain some momentum. Before ya know it you'll really be gong places. :D

TURKEY

How long does it take to get your art degree or whatever you are going to go for Josh?

I was just wondering because you add a semester for CP and another semester for a advanced internship if you don't get credit for your programs.

DisJosh

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
How long does it take to get your art degree or whatever you are going to go for Josh?

I was just wondering because you add a semester for CP and another semester for a advanced internship if you don't get credit for your programs.

Takes four years for a bachelors....

I know the internships take time away from school but they're worth the valuable experience. Whatever I miss I will simply make up...sure it will take me a little longer to get things done but it's all very well worth it.

disney_nutter

Im almost 18 and would love to work in the uk in epcot but do u have to go to uni or could u apply for it just like an normal job. Im doing my a-levels and my tutors say i would do good on a tourism course but the only thing is i dont want to go to uni.

Lhriangel

Josh: You are right, internships ARE worth it. I loved mine and I learned alot, not just about the company and about what I want to do in the future but about myself. I grew up while in FL, even more so then when I was in NY or LA. I don't regret those months for anything (maybe a few things that happened but that's another story lol).

disney_nutter: I think you should ask Maria about that. She did the international program. I know there IS a website out there for this but.. I don't want to give you the wrong link.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom