working for disney

enough

Original Poster
maybe this is the wrong forum, but... if you work for disney (at a park or for Disney Co.) do you get free admission to the parks? what are some of the perks given to disney employees in regards to the parks?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
yes.. this is thw wrong forum.. it needs to be placed in the employment forum.. but that's enough of that.. back to the question in hand..

unfortunately, the benefits vary considerably from one department to another... so yeah. Post a bit more info, and I'll see what I can do

enough

Original Poster
well, i was just wondering what sort of jobs come with free admission to the park and stuff like that? Say I get a job at disney.com or one of the disney companies does that automatically entitle me to free admission to the parks?

mkt

Premium Member
ugh.. it all depends also on which parks you wanna get into... it's really more complicated than it needs to be..

ex. in WDW, WDW, DLR, DLRP, ABC, TDS, WDI, Corporate, Studio, and Animation CM's get free admission... provided they're permanent CM's with an ID

in DL, only CM's that have direct connections to the parks and corporate get in free...

but the policies change so often, and enforcement varies so much, that honestly... this is one of the things I don't like dealing with

Blizz

What do Disney Store employees get? I am almost 16 and I figure if I work at the Disney Store I might get something. Also, do you think it would be wierd for a 16 year old boy to be working at the Disney Store? LOL

mkt

Premium Member
you'd get merchandise discount (20%.. 35% after 3 years continuous service), and free park admission if you're at least part time

cm1988

Just full of good news

Originally posted by Blizz
What do Disney Store employees get? I am almost 16 and I figure if I work at the Disney Store I might get something. Also, do you think it would be wierd for a 16 year old boy to be working at the Disney Store? LOL
Ok, if I can't be the Earl of Sandwich... who's opening his first restaurant at Downtown Disney... believe it or not... maybe I can be the Baron of Bad News or the Duke of Discouragement.

Sorry about that, but it seems worth noting here that the Disney Stores have already pared down <i>considerably</i> and the Orlando Sentinal mentioned the possibility of the remaining stores being converted into franchise-type operations. No word on what that would do to the benefits.

Then again, the Sentinal has less than a perfect record in their speculation. They did say, however that one or two local Disney Stores and many worldwide had closed already (as has the Character Connection store at the CrossRoads).

The sunny side of this is everything in the world 'o business goes in cycles. We all know which way we've been cycling since late 2000. So you who are 16 and not yet in the full-time job market... it's a great time to be a kid! If you happen to go to college you have what... six years? to see the other end of this cycle.

Who knows <i>what</i> WDW will be doing then?

DisneyTechGuy

It just seems like everyone is out to get something from the company. I believe being a CM is one of the best things, when you can see and feel the magic inside. And knowing that what you do makes an impact on a guests experience is the greatest feeling. Comp tix are merely a bonus. Then again those are my thoughts..............

kewlgrl127

working at disney

This is for the 16 year old who was thinking of working at the Disney store. I work there and I am just letting you know that you have to be 18 to be employed there. And as for your other question there are a couple of people my age working there, 2 of whom are boys!

Hope this helped

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom