Work on Expedition Everest?

KrazyKat

Original Poster
My apologies if this has already been addressed but I was watching a video on AK and noticed that an area was cleared on EE. Anyone know if it’s not a big deal(possibly just maintenance) or possibly a show scene being added?
Just wondering...
CE87982B-CE22-4F18-9CBD-61063AA6B6F8.jpeg
0B1DFFEA-3256-4580-81FB-991F08D3E9EA.jpeg

cjkeating

My apologies if this has already been addressed but I was watching a video on AK and noticed that an area was cleared on EE. Anyone know if it’s not a big deal(possibly just maintenance) or possibly a show scene being added?
Just wondering...
View attachment 335387View attachment 335388

Can you link to the video?

I heard somewhere they were repairing the steam boiler for the smoke effect, not sure if it is related to that?

JoeCamel

Goofyernmost

Just wondering...
View attachment 335387View attachment 335388
I think that they are using that spot as a burial spot for the long dead Yeti. It's time to give Yeti a proper send off. They have had him/her held up with sticks for years now.

Stripes

Premium Member
Found these two permits. First one definitly could be related.

10/4/2018 - Animal Kingdom - Maddox Electrical Inc
Everest Run flex lines to new remote readout box for track switch 2&3 - 2564 Everest 734 Werikhe Way

10/4/2018 - Animal Kingdom - Maddox Electrical Inc
Everest Run Data cat 5 cables to 15th floor for Apex computer - 2564 Everest, 734 Weirkhe Way
An odd permit that last one. Why would they suddenly run ethernet cables to the 15th floor? Everest works fine...mostly. Seems like it COULD be some preparation for some kind of effects upgrade. Could.

Stripes

Premium Member
I would guess that the two permits are related and that it's simply a new control system related to the track switches. Track switch 2 is at the broken track and track switch 3 is before the drop.
That was my first guess too, but why would they suddenly update it? Genuine question, just cause I don't understand why they would go through the trouble of updating it when it works just fine. If that is it, then Disney must have had some leftover mandated spending or something.

Unbanshee

That was my first guess too, but why would they suddenly update it? Genuine question, just cause I don't understand why they would go through the trouble of updating it when it works just fine. If that is it, then Disney must have had some leftover mandated spending or something.

It doesn't work just fine when it gets cold. Maybe this is to address that

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The ride is 13 years old without having had a major refurb. Also, we don't know if it "works just fine", there could be issues that we aren't aware of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom