Woods View at the Wilderness Lodge??

R&RsMom

Can anyone recommend a good floor or location for a woods view room at the Wilderness Lodge? We have 2 children ages 2 and 5.

tigsmom

Sixth floor, rooms 6022 thru 6032, facing the MK. You may or may not see the fireworks depending on the trees. (we haven't stayed in those rooms for 2 years).
6032 is right by an elevator, ice machine & snack machine. The balcony rail is solid so becareful that they don't climb on a chair to see over...not that you would let them do that anyway. :wave:

Upvote 0

swimmom

Of course the higher the better. We always stayed on the 4th floor. I request a room 4th floor or higher and so far 4th floor is the highest we have gotten. Each stay we have been able the see the castle and a glimpse of the monorail from our room (sorry I don't recall the room numbers). One of our stays was during Grad Nights and I was able the see the fireworks from the bed at 1:00 a.m. The trees can obstruct the view for some rooms.

I've never stayed in a courtyard room. We've liked the wooded view from our first stay and have booked that type of room ever since. Since our next stay will be at the value rate, I was contemplating a courtyard view, but I got out voted!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

bgraham34 said:
Is the woods view nice. i am thinking about getting that view this year. or should i stick with courtyard.

thanks

I like the woods view, the rooms I mentioned before (6022 thru 6032) overlook a little bog thats full of animal life...frogs, turtles, a beaver (who kept collecting sticks) and beautiful trees & plants. The nature sounds are very nice, but disappear at midnight. :lookaroun

Two trips ago our favorite room (6030) wan't ready for us and they offered us a complimentary upgrade to Courtyard. Of course we took it! :sohappy:
We were in room 6158...third in from the far end of the Lodge and overlooking the pool between the villas and the lodge. Very quiet and we enjoyed it. We booked courtyard this past July and we were given our choice of rooms in the same 6th floor hallway...we took that room again even though its a little far from the elevator.

The choice is yours, but I don't think you can go wrong either way...just try to get an upper floor for the view. :wave:

Upvote 0

dmperry134

Courtyard view

Hi All,

I can only go on our experience.We were booked into a woods view room last November2 003. The view was NOT spectacular to say the least, trees 40ft high and a murky pool below. When I looked to my left it was the delivery bay which I was not too pleased about. I went back down to the front desk they changed our room immediately for a 4th floor courtyard view which overlooked the waterfall and pool. You can gather which room we elected to stay in.

You cannot see the firework displays from the woods view room as the trees are too high unless you can afford the junior suites on the other side of the Hotel which I think are on 6/7th floor.

You guys may prefer to see trees the choice is yours.

To close the cast members on the front desk were fantastic and I am sure if you are not happy with your room they will do all they can to make your stay a pleasent one. Enjoy your break!!

Regards

Dave from Worcestershire in the UK.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

When did the rooms that face the Villas pool become courtyard? I knew they were the last time I stayed there (Mar '04) but it seems they were still woods view room in 2002. :veryconfu

Are any of the rooms on the Villas facing side still the woods view category?

tigsmom said:
I like the woods view, the rooms I mentioned before (6022 thru 6032) overlook a little bog thats full of animal life...frogs, turtles, a beaver (who kept collecting sticks) and beautiful trees & plants. The nature sounds are very nice, but disappear at midnight. :lookaroun

Two trips ago our favorite room (6030) wan't ready for us and they offered us a complimentary upgrade to Courtyard. Of course we took it! :sohappy:
We were in room 6158...third in from the far end of the Lodge and overlooking the pool between the villas and the lodge. Very quiet and we enjoyed it. We booked courtyard this past July and we were given our choice of rooms in the same 6th floor hallway...we took that room again even though its a little far from the elevator.

The choice is yours, but I don't think you can go wrong either way...just try to get an upper floor for the view. :wave:
:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

tigsmom said:
We've only ever had solid balconies...usually the sixth floor. The only rail balcony I've ever had was at the Poly. Anybody have an answer?

We stay on the fourth floor at WL and never had a solid balcony. It was rails for us...

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I am going to go against the trend here and suggest that instead of a room with a balcony, you might think about a ground level room with a patio.

That would give the kiddos a little extra "running around" space. You would still need to watch them, of course, but falling off a balcony on the 6th floor wouldn't be an issue.

Upvote 0

RedBaron

When we stayed there we had the woods view and actually was upgraded to a courtyard view when we checked in (it was off season so I guess they had rooms free). Anyhow I have discovered that we never spend any time in the room except for when we are asleep and then the view does not matter. So unless you plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel in the room I dont know if I would worry about it. Honestly I have decided the next time I go I will get try the standard view and save a little bit of money.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I think I shall change my reservations to get a woods view. something different. I would love a room on the bay though. water always relaxes me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom