Woo hoo! New baby

Glasgow

Well, my wife and I just had our first child last weekend. Woo hoo!! It's certainly a lot of work though :)

This changes my view of WDW of course. A lot of discussion has been put into the best age to take your child to the World, but in this thread I'm more or less wondering about the best places to stay.

I think we will be taking our daughter when she's around 2 1/2 years old I suppose. Our last stay was at AKL so I was thinking about WL or possibly POR. Opinions?? Just wanted to get the ball rolling!

Thanks! :)

VeRTiGo91

We took our daughter when she was 19 months old, back in March. She'll almost be 4 when we go back. She remembered Mickey, and how huge he was, and it scared her a little. Until we got to AK. She loved the animals, and seemed as if she grew 2 years!

Upvote 0

durangojim

We took our son when he was 1 1/2 months, 3 1/2 months, 6 months, and 9 months, and we'll be going back at 13 months. We've stayed at the WL and the GF and the GF was much more convienent because of the monorail. The big boats at WL are alright too because you usually don't have to break down your stroller, but waiting for the boat when leaving MK can be a pain. Just remember to take it slow and easy and have a great time!

Upvote 0

SallyShine

congrats on your little princess. i have three princes myself. we started taking my oldest to DL when he was 6 mo old. why not break her in right from the start? i would also suggest staying on the monorail line. it will make life much easier.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
SallyShine said:
congrats on your little princess. i have three princes myself. we started taking my oldest to DL when he was 6 mo old. why not break her in right from the start? i would also suggest staying on the monorail line. it will make life much easier.

Hmm .. staying on the monorail line .. that is a good suggestion.

Lots of people seem to have taken their little ones to WDW when they were quite young!

Upvote 0

MicheleK

Congratulations! We started taking our son (now 16) when he was 6 mo. old. Our family thought we were crazy, but it turned out to be the best thing. We've been going every year and started my daugher (now 11) out the same way. Though we had to skip the year she was born. They were wonderful, slept in the carrige, loved the colors, music, etc. Went on everything (except "fast" rides, of couse) with us......and they were FREE for three years. Can't beat that! If it is at all possible for your family to go before your daughter is 2.5, I highly recommend it. Just take it slow and it will be a great experience. :wave:

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

first off - congrats!!!!!
our goddaughter is due some time in august and we (her parents & us) were wondering about when to start taking her. we all want to go in march, but were afraid that she would be too young, but it seems like she will be ok. thanks for bringing up the topic.

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Congrats on the new baby. I personally would be torn at what age to take my child when that day comes. I probably would wait until 3-4 years old. But then again can i wait 3-4 years to go back to the world.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

My youngest was 2 yrs old the day after we returned from her first trip - In our opinion this was too young - she was scared by the size of the characters, but she did enjoy other parts of the trip.
Staying on the monorail is a good suggestion, buyomg a folding pushchair makes life easies and is also user friendly when it comes to using Disney buses.

Upvote 0

kachow

Obviously, if you and your wife are just hankering to go to WDW, with the ride-swap availabilty there's really nothing stopping you from going as soon as you're mobile. For me though, 4-5 is probably the age we'll first take our kid(s) for their benefit.

Upvote 0

honeymooner05

I just had our first baby 6 weeks ago and I'm already planning our first WDW vacation for next fall. We're looking into staying at the Beach Club Villas because the little kitchenette will be helpfull with a toddler and making his snacks and breakfast and such. But any of the Home Away from Home resorts will have the kitchenette. And Congrats!

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

Glasgow said:
Well, my wife and I just had our first child last weekend. Woo hoo!! It's certainly a lot of work though :)

This changes my view of WDW of course. A lot of discussion has been put into the best age to take your child to the World, but in this thread I'm more or less wondering about the best places to stay.

Congratulations!!!

:sohappy:

We took our middle child when he was 2 weeks old and then when he was 1 and 2 years old...so I wouldn't worry about waiting to take your baby. It's all a matter of pacing and going at the kid's pace. You might need to stay longer or not do/see as much...but you're still at WDW.

As far as places to stay...we were DVC members when he came along, so I'm sure I can offer much. Make sure you bring diapers....they have them at WDW but they are expensive.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Wow congrats Dad!! :sohappy:

This will take you trips to WDW to another level. Looking at WDW through a childs eyes is amazing and will help you enjoy it even more.

My advise is that the child be able to eat regular food and be potty trained makes life a little easier. Now as you well know Disney caters to families so go when you are ready and stay where you want and enjoy your new expereinces.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the responses everyone. Lots of different opinions on this one - I guess it's just different for everyone. Can't wait to take her to the parks though!!

Upvote 0

sarajo

We took our first child for her first visit at 6 weeks old. She's been back several times since, and honestly... that first visit was probably the easiest. She slept in the stroller so much of the time!

Our second child went for his first visit at 2 months... and again, it was quite easy as he slept in the stroller most of the time. Grandparents were with us on both of these "first" visits, so hubby and I were able to ride the rides we wanted to without any problem.

The thing I noticed with both kids, on their first visits, they really liked looking at the lights, and they both seemed to like the music.

Why not start your little princess out early experiencing the parks?

And, by the way... congrats on the baby! Parenthood is a wonderful thing!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom