Won DreamEars and Walking in Walt's Footsteps

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
As some of you may know, I just finished a trip to the Disneyland Resort.

If I can manage it, i'll try to get some video/pictures posted. I didn't take very many photos, but I did get some cute video.

I suppose this first post will be dedicated to my Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour.

The tour was interesting, sort of akin to WDW's Keys to the Kingdom tour, but the major and most noticeable difference is that you never set foot anywhere backstage on the Walt tour.

DL seems determined to keep people from going backstage at all costs. You do get to see the lobby of Club 33 - though they tease you and wont let you go upstairs.

You don't ride any attractions and you mostly just wander around the park getting insight and information - who knew there were ship masts with sails visible over New Orleans Square's building tops?

That was a nice touch. It ends with a box lunch in the courtyard of the Disney Gallery which was supposed to be the second Disney apartment in the park, the first being over the firestation. You learn about that one from down in the firestation - again, you don't get to go up and see it.

I think that's generally why I found this tour a little dissapointing. You could read a guidebook and wander the park and get the same information - you don't get to really go anywhere super special or backstage or even to areas that are talked about. they'll describe how something works, but wont let you see it the way WDW tours do. The tour guide mentioned that their tours aren't as populat as the similiar ones at WDW - I think this is exactly the reason.

Anywho.. about the DreamEars and my first time winning ANYTHING in the YOMD's.. Our tour meandered across a footpath near Sleeping Beauty Castle and walking across it was one of the distribution points for the DreamEars. Simple as that. Now I got me some ears.

I also saw a family winning some major prize, I think perhaps the Mickey Suite. They were signing paperwork and doing photos outside Guest Relations. As they did the photo, someone came out with a giant gift basket for them. It did miff me a little bit to see that they were a "family" and not a couple or adults or whatever.. I still beleive to win any bigger prize you must have a child in tow, and that's unfair.

Anywho.. i'll try to post some videos/photos when I get the chance...

Nicole220

As some of you may know, I just finished a trip to the Disneyland Resort.

If I can manage it, i'll try to get some video/pictures posted. I didn't take very many photos, but I did get some cute video.

I suppose this first post will be dedicated to my Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour.

The tour was interesting, sort of akin to WDW's Keys to the Kingdom tour, but the major and most noticeable difference is that you never set foot anywhere backstage on the Walt tour.

DL seems determined to keep people from going backstage at all costs. You do get to see the lobby of Club 33 - though they tease you and wont let you go upstairs.

You don't ride any attractions and you mostly just wander around the park getting insight and information - who knew there were ship masts with sails visible over New Orleans Square's building tops?

That was a nice touch. It ends with a box lunch in the courtyard of the Disney Gallery which was supposed to be the second Disney apartment in the park, the first being over the firestation. You learn about that one from down in the firestation - again, you don't get to go up and see it.

I think that's generally why I found this tour a little dissapointing. You could read a guidebook and wander the park and get the same information - you don't get to really go anywhere super special or backstage or even to areas that are talked about. they'll describe how something works, but wont let you see it the way WDW tours do. The tour guide mentioned that their tours aren't as populat as the similiar ones at WDW - I think this is exactly the reason.

Anywho.. about the DreamEars and my first time winning ANYTHING in the YOMD's.. Our tour meandered across a footpath near Sleeping Beauty Castle and walking across it was one of the distribution points for the DreamEars. Simple as that. Now I got me some ears.

I also saw a family winning some major prize, I think perhaps the Mickey Suite. They were signing paperwork and doing photos outside Guest Relations. As they did the photo, someone came out with a giant gift basket for them. It did miff me a little bit to see that they were a "family" and not a couple or adults or whatever.. I still beleive to win any bigger prize you must have a child in tow, and that's unfair.

Anywho.. i'll try to post some videos/photos when I get the chance...
Me!!!:D

About the backstage thing, I was surprised to find out that last Sunday Disneyland had to let people out of the park by going through backstage because of the crowds.

That's cool that you won the ears! I wanna win something but haven't so far...and I go to DL a lot! :(

Can't wait to see the pics and videos! :wave:

kellabelle

Envious, too.

I would love to just be in Disneyland, let alone win something while I was there! I can't imagine being picked to spend the night in the castle - I think I would keel over from the excitement!!!!:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Deadmanwalking

I thought the "only families win" theory was overturned by the facts that the CM giving out a prize is given specific instructions on who is going to get it based on where the person is at the given time.

It would seem to me that families seem to win simply because 1) more families go to disney than single or couples, and 2) the odds of winning anything would seem to go up based on the number of people in your group (seems if the winner is the nth person to walk past point "B" then a group of 2 people will simply have much lower odds than a group of 4 people which would also have lower odds than a family of 8).

I can't imagine Disney would be so stupid as to rig a giveaway and chance the wrath of a million ripped off customers when the truth slipped out (and the truth would slip out eventually).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I got to speak with the people who won the castle suite on 3/2/7 and there was nothing family about them. No kids, no mom and dad they just looked like 6 people you would randomly select from a crowd. They won by sitting on the correct bench at the correct time at DTD. All the other publicized winners were selected in a similar manner (ie simulator 4 row 5 seat 8) so I don't think that your theory of "you must be a family to win" holds much water.

maelstrom

I got to speak with the people who won the castle suite on 3/2/7 and there was nothing family about them. No kids, no mom and dad they just looked like 6 people you would randomly select from a crowd. They won by sitting on the correct bench at the correct time at DTD. All the other publicized winners were selected in a similar manner (ie simulator 4 row 5 seat 8) so I don't think that your theory of "you must be a family to win" holds much water.

Six random people who didn't know each other were selected to stay in the castle suite? Um... I wouldn't stay with some random strangers.

Nicole220

Six random people who didn't know each other were selected to stay in the castle suite? Um... I wouldn't stay with some random strangers.
I think he meant the group of 6 knew each other. This group that was there together were randomly selected, not a group of random people.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I think he meant the group of 6 knew each other. This group that was there together were randomly selected, not a group of random people.
Correct. They were not the typical mom dad and 2.3 kids type of family if they were family at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom