WL & Poly Bus service

maleficant

Hi Everyone!
I am not a huge fan of the Walt Disney bus service, although I would be more than happy to use it just I prefer to travel by monorail and Boat.
This year I will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian.

Would anyone now how long it will take to get to Animal Kingdom and MGM From these resorts???
Also
When staying at Polynesian do you think I am better off walking to TTC for these buses (are they more frequent?) or shall I wait at Poly bus stop?

KnK

We stay every year in September at WL. We have never had anything to complain about when it comes to bus service. It has never taken more than about 10 minutes for a bus to show up. Average trips depend. Sometimes there are stops to Poly and GF when going to AK and MGM. I would never say a trip took longer than 10-15 minutes drive total time when they are included.

On some trips to Epcot, we might stop at Camp groud also, but not Poly or GF. Still I would say the trip last only about 15 minutes.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Depending on which building you are staying in at the Poly, the walk to the TTC can be very long and you'd pass the Poly bus stops on the way. I have not taken buses from the TTC since 1993 so I cannot answer on that. Walking to the TTC from say the Tokelau building of the Poly is a great way to get to Epcot.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Nansafan said:
Depending on which building you are staying in at the Poly, the walk to the TTC can be very long and you'd pass the Poly bus stops on the way. I have not taken buses from the TTC since 1993 so I cannot answer on that. Walking to the TTC from say the Tokelau building of the Poly is a great way to get to Epcot.

I agree. We stayed in Rapa Nui and it was quicker to go to the TTC.

As for the WL, when we first started staying there we always shared with the Poly & GF. Lately it seems they just picked up at Fort Wilderness. *shrugs*

Either way, we have never had a problem with the bus transportation (at any time of year). I would say a quick 10 -15 minute ride to the other parks.
Watch out for EMH though, the bus after those seem overly crowded so you might want to leave a little early to avoid the rush. :wave:

Upvote 0

eastvillage

We stayed at Poly last June and got a bus from the Poly bus stop to MGM. I think I remember the bus stopping at GF on the way and it took approx 15 minutes to get to MGM. :)

Upvote 0

NotAZoo

First of all excellent choice as my wife and I just did the same split over 8 nights this past January.

Like some I am not a big fan of the transportation, however I think that is primarily due to the fact that I like to hop around a lot and go to various resorts for dinner and do the BW and DTD at night. All the back and forth and waiting for transportation got on my nerves so much (felt like I was wasting 2 hours a day) that I decided to rent a car midway through.

However if you aren't quite the hopper, I would say that you will be fine relying on the buses when needed. The great thing about the WL is the boat service to the MK, and with the Poly you have the boat and monorail for MK and Epcot at your service. When I stayed at the Yacht club a few years back, I had a car and rarely used it since, and then this last time I had a completely different experience.

Therefore I think it is hit or miss. Your hotel locations are good ones, so it should not be all that bad. You may have that one bus which takes forever to get to you, but that is always a possibility regardless of how on time the others may be.

I know I am not offering much, but I guess simply put, if you hop around a lot, especially in the evenings a car is much better, otherwise you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom