WL or Contemprary?

mickey-nut

Hi Everyone!

Just got back Monday and am already planning for our next trip. We were going to do the WL again (LOVED IT!) but my 5 soon to be 6 year old wants to stay in the one "that the monorail goes thru". What are all of your opinions? I had heard once that the Contemporary's rooms were old and not very nice, is this true? Any info is appreciated-Thanks!

Lance

The Contemporary rooms are very updated, a beautiful room, I loved the interior. It looked like they were newly renovated, very clean and new feel to the room. I think the Contemporary Tower rooms are the best in WDW.

I always dreamed of staying in the Contemporary, ever since I was 6 years old. I finally did get to stay this past summer, and it lived up to all of my expectations and more.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

We stayed in a Contemporary Wing room last year and it was ok, i would have prefered the Tower, but for some reason did not do it. Looking back I would do the tower instead.

Even in the wings though, it is nice being in a monorail hotel.

That being said, the tower at the Contemp and the Grand floridian are the same price. The GF has a monorail station as well and the hotel is the best on property.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by fngoofy
We stayed in a Contemporary Wing room last year and it was ok, i would have prefered the Tower, but for some reason did not do it. Looking back I would do the tower instead.

Even in the wings though, it is nice being in a monorail hotel.

That being said, the tower at the Contemp and the Grand floridian are the same price. The GF has a monorail station as well and the hotel is the best on property.

And for that price, I would rather be at the Grand Floridian...So much nicer.

Upvote 0

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
i would say go for the Contemporary. We went and stayed in a garden wing which has its a few advantages. The wings are quieterthen the tower so it was pretty good. I liked staying there, its my second favorite resort.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I would go for the Polynesian or Yacht and Beach before going for those two.

The contemporary is really only worth it (IMO) if you have the Tower Room.

Upvote 0

Huggups

WL or Contemprary

I would only do the Contemporary if I could get a Tower Room. The wings can sometimes be too far away from Contemporary Lobby. How about the Poly????? Seems like fun for your son and also relaxing for you:D

Upvote 0

jabay

Wilderness Lodge Hands Down Winner

There is absolutely no question that the Wilderness Lodge is the place to stay in the Magic Kingdom Area, in my opinion. I know that some people love the Contemporary, but I really don't see how you could choose it over the Wilderness Lodge. From the outside and inside the Contemporary is very dated. The restaurants are good, especially the character breakfast for kids, but go to the restaurants at the Lodge and it is obvious which is better. The only drawback to the Wilderness Lodge is that it doesn't fall on the monorail route, but the atmosphere and overall splendor of the resort and its grounds is breathtaking and unbeatable. One of the things that makes the Wilderness Lodge so great is that it is somewhat away from the other resorts and not so hectic. Book your Disney vacation there and you will not be disappointed!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom