WL noice

tigsmom

We've stayed there multiple times & have never had a problem with our neighbors. If you get an inside room over the Whispering Canyon there will be a problem. :lol:
I had a problem with a room directly above the waterfall...didn't get much sleep that night. (if you know what I mean. :eek: )

We tend to ask for six floor rooms ...6022 - 6032 overlook the MK with 32 being right by the elevator so that can be a little noisy late at night after the park closes.
the Opposite side of the building (overlooking the Villas) is very quiet, but far away so be prepared to walk. (but that has become our favorite location)

Its a beautiful Resort and the lobby is very inviting to everyone. You will usually see kids running around making noise, but ts very well tolerated because its so large. :wave:

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

The only problem we had at WL was the kids who ran up and down the hall screaming late at night and first thing in the morning. The parents would be at one end of the hall and the kids at the other screaming while running back and forth. That was a little aggravating, but sort of expected at a family hotel with indoor hallways. I think that problem should be handled by the parents out of respect for the other guests. In reference to the thin wall question, we did not feel there was a noise problem once everyone was in their rooms. Our room overlooked the villas and we enjoyed the peacefulness outside our balcony.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Ringo8n24 said:
The only problem we had at WL was the kids who ran up and down the hall screaming late at night and first thing in the morning. The parents would be at one end of the hall and the kids at the other screaming while running back and forth. That was a little aggravating, but sort of expected at a family hotel with indoor hallways. I think that problem should be handled by the parents out of respect for the other guests. In reference to the thin wall question, we did not feel there was a noise problem once everyone was in their rooms.

We had that same problem in the Polynesian & Contemporary. As you said ..."expected in a family hotel". Heck, I get excited in WDW too! :D

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and had a great stay! We stayed on the 4th floor on the side overlooking the villas with a "woods view". I did not notice any disturbing noises. Even if there was noise you shouldn't be able to hear it after a long day in the parks if you know what I mean.

On a side note:
In a hotel room we stayed at on our way to Walt Disney World, there was a couple on their honeymoon "celebrating" all night long. After a long night in the car driving, on top of an illness.....I slept like a baby..as did my father and sister. My mother on the other hand stayed up all night. The next morning the guy at the desk told my mom that it was an older couple.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

STR8FAN2005 said:
On a side note:
In a hotel room we stayed at on our way to Walt Disney World, there was a couple on their honeymoon "celebrating" all night long. After a long night in the car driving, on top of an illness.....I slept like a baby..as did my father and sister. My mother on the other hand stayed up all night. The next morning the guy at the desk told my mom that it was an older couple. Kinda sick!

Nothing sick about it. Wait till you get "older". :animwink:

Upvote 0

katiesmom

We stayed at the WL in June and had no noice issue at all. It was a wonderful place to stay. Our kids LOVED the bunk beds, and I liked being so close to the MK. We stayed on the 2nd floor (lobby level) close to the gift shop, which should be the worst in regards to noise... but I found it to be no better or worse than the Beach Club or Boardwalk. Hope you have a GREAT time!
:wave:

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

We had a courtyard room right above the pool area and didn't hear a thing unless we opened the balcony doors.

We always ask for a room away from the elevators though, the noise level in those areas seems to be the worst. People get off the elevators without thinking and maintain the same noise level they had in the lobby. As they continue down the halls they tend to quiet down, realizing where they are!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

STR8FAN2005 said:
In a hotel room we stayed at on our way to Walt Disney World, there was a couple on their honeymoon "celebrating" all night long. The next morning the guy at the desk told my mom that it was an older couple. Kinda sick!

EXCUSE Me?!?!?!??????!!

Care to explain yourself?

Upvote 0

maelstrom

STR8FAN2005 said:
The next morning the guy at the desk told my mom that it was an older couple. Kinda sick!

Hey hey now. Older people do that sort of thing! I know I will. I'm only 18 now, but I have no intentions of stopping just because I've gotten older. ;)

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

I have edited my post to remove "kinda sick". I hope when I'm old my wife will still get in the "mood". "kinda sick" was a wrong choice of words! And by old, I meant really old, not you young Disney fans!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

STR8FAN2005 said:
I have edited my post to remove "kinda sick". I hope when I'm old my wife will still get in the "mood". "kinda sick" was a wrong choice of words! And by old, I meant really old, not you young Disney fans!

I worked in a nursing home and an elderly couple shared a room...he was 95 & she was 92. Needless to say when the door was closed nobody bothered them. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

scorp111

tigsmom said:
I worked in a nursing home and an elderly couple shared a room...he was 95 & she was 92. Needless to say when the door was closed nobody bothered them. :lookaroun

Now that is sick... and if any 90 year-old plus posters on the board want to give me bad reputation points... I will just have to accept them! :lol:

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

The only problem I had besides the horribly long walk (We had the very last room in the DVC building) was the creepy almost vertigo feeling walking down the hallway...the endless halway. To make it worse it is EXTREMELY remenesque of "the shining"'s hallway. I was waiting for twins to ride past me on tricycles. REDRUM REDRUM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek: :eek:

Upvote 0

Woody13

STR8FAN2005 said:
In a hotel room we stayed at on our way to Walt Disney World, there was a couple on their honeymoon "celebrating" all night long. After a long night in the car driving, on top of an illness.....I slept like a baby..as did my father and sister. My mother on the other hand stayed up all night. The next morning the guy at the desk told my mom that it was an older couple.
Would you happen to have a tape or an MP3 you could play for us?:animwink:

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

Sorry, I was fast asleep!!! I was totally filled with medication that night. We were late in starting our trip, I had to go to the doctor right after school that day, and he gave me plenty pills to get me better for the Magic Kingdom the next day!! Thank you Dr. Lawrence!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom