Wishes.. Holiday Wishes... are they doing both????

tink rules

Original Poster
Please help...

I was looking on the WDW Calendar and it says on certain nights that they will do Wishes at 6 pm and then the MVMCP at 9:30 and we know that it is Holiday wishes... Are they planning on doing both or will they do HOliday Wishes through the month like they did with Happy Hallowishes???

CrashNet

Unless they are trying something new, they will only do one display a night. They probably do not have enough time to reload another show. This is just my guess, though Boo here on the forums could provide you with a definite answer.

dreamscometrue

We were at WDW last Christmas and, if I recall correctly, we had to wait until after New Year's Day to see 'Wishes'. We saw 'Holiday Wishes' Dec. 30th, and I believe that was the only MK fireworks show between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

scorp111

We were at the MK on Nov 17th and indeed saw regular Wishes at 6pm and then Holiday Wishes at the MVMCP at 9:30 pm............

boo52

On MVMCP nights, regular Wishes will be shown to day guests at 6:00 and Holiday Wishes at 9:30 to party guests. HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes had slight changes in firework product from last year as well as perimeter fireworks were change to a 180 effect rather than a 360 due to guest demand that transportation continue running during the shows.

AliciaLuvzDizne

They are showing regular wishes at 6 and holiday wishes during the parties. The reason for this is because of the amount of complaints during the Halloween parties. Day guests were not getting the fireworks that they were expecting because they did not stay for MNSSHP.

So yep
they're doing both

Rob562

Hey Boo.

I've heard that Illuminations has the capacity to have two entire shows worth of pyro loaded at the same time for those few occasions that they show it twice in one night. I assume the Wishes launchers have a similar capacity setup? Or do you guys get a second show fully loaded in 3 hours?

-Rob

tink rules

Original Poster
Wow... that's a good reason to plan something around the MK area for the evening... Say go to MK for the afternoon, followed by dinner and the second fireworks later....

I Love the Perimeter ones... How do the 180 ones compare to the 360? I know...it's only half, but is it just as good?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wow... that's a good reason to plan something around the MK area for the evening... Say go to MK for the afternoon, followed by dinner and the second fireworks later....

I Love the Perimeter ones... How do the 180 ones compare to the 360? I know...it's only half, but is it just as good?

Having seen both - the only thing you miss is the launch location behind the train station. On Mainstreet the buildings obscured most of the 360 so you'd only see roughly 180's worth and then the trainstation (isn't it actually an island in the lagoon?) location directly behind you.

Outside the park the effect is more stunning.

So, it really isn't that much different for anyone who paid to watch the show.

CatLady

I've heard that Illuminations has the capacity to have two entire shows worth of pyro loaded at the same time for those few occasions that they show it twice in one night. I assume the Wishes launchers have a similar capacity setup? Or do you guys get a second show fully loaded in 3 hours?
This is an interesting question, and I'll be curious to hear the answer. It seems to me that reloading IllumiNations is more difficult to do on two-show nights because the barges are on the water already. The launching points for Wishes are (mostly) out of guest view, so it would be easier to reload them between shows. But that's a pretty tight window to get it done, I would think.

WDW Monorail

I know that ROE uses One or two extra barges for the Fourth of July, New Year, and Peace on Earth shows. I believe that the baarge is called the "World War Three Finale Barge".
Can anyone confirm this(boo).

boo52

Hey Boo.

-Rob

No Illuminations when they have two shows must reload out on the water. Not a simple task by any means. At Wishes we upgraded our main launch facility to handle the loading of double shows. The only thing we have to reload is the rooftop pyro.
To answer WDW Monorail's question, yes the finale barge for Illum is called the WW3 barge.

Rob562

No Illuminations when they have two shows must reload out on the water. Not a simple task by any means.

Wow. I'm impressed! Definitely not an easy task, especially in the dark. At least they only fire off the WW3 barge at one of the shows (I think)...

At Wishes we upgraded our main launch facility to handle the loading of double shows. The only thing we have to reload is the rooftop pyro.

Well, I guess that would explain this filing back in January...
"Wishes Fireworks 2nd Launching Site" :)
http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=27711639&file_num=20060005593&doc_status=V

-Rob

BwanaBob

On MVMCP nights, regular Wishes will be shown to day guests at 6:00 and Holiday Wishes at 9:30 to party guests. HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes had slight changes in firework product from last year as well as perimeter fireworks were change to a 180 effect rather than a 360 due to guest demand that transportation continue running during the shows.

Perimeter changes permanent? If so, (MHO) that sucks.
If people want to beat the rush out, they need to leave earlier and watch outside the park.

It was true Disney...'expect the unexpected'.

boo52

The perimeter change is permanent on the special event nights. It will still be a full 360 for 4th and NYE. But as always this could change too.

tink rules

Original Poster
Have you seen the new perimeter ones??? How do you like them?

I only saw them when it was 360.... wonder what it's like now...

Rob562

Have you seen the new perimeter ones??? How do you like them?

I only saw them when it was 360.... wonder what it's like now...

From what I've heard, the *number* of firing locations stays the same. It's just compacted into a smaller area. So the shells are much closer together.

-Rob

Tracyk

We were at WDW last Christmas and, if I recall correctly, we had to wait until after New Year's Day to see 'Wishes'. We saw 'Holiday Wishes' Dec. 30th, and I believe that was the only MK fireworks show between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

I had heard that they showed the Holiday Wishes between Christmas and New Year last year. I was looking forward to the same happening this year but on the Disney website they have only got the ordinary Wishes listed.

Tracy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom