Wishes Desert Party for Sept....what's the deal????

copcarguyp71

So our agent has been trying to book this for over a month and is consistently told no ressies available yet and that no reservations have been made for our dates yet (Sept 18-25).

Does anyone have any info on why they are not taking ressies yet since it is well within the 90 day window that they usually take them....or am I mistaken?

Bowler Hat Girl

When I was trying to book for May, it was just under 60 days out for the May dates to be released. Last year when I booked for September, it was about 90 days. Keep checking, the dates will open eventually. Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

KJ1081

Lately the booking window has been about 4-6 weeks in advance, and the entire month opens at once. For instance, the entire month of May opened April 1st. Your window should be opening soon- hang in there!

Upvote 0

jazzinator

For what it's worth, I think the Terrace Dessert Party has lagged behind all other reservation items with having a shifting window when the reservations open for some time. I know for our visit in 2012, my wife had to call daily and finally booked our reservation around the 60 day mark.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

yup, i still check several times daily for oct to open up. when it says no ressies available, i check sept to see if they're out yet and yup, none out yet. so i feel better about oct. still not being open.
i find it VERY annoying that you have to go through this to get the reservation. can't figure out their thought process, why does it benefit them not to have a schedule for when they are released? how does it benefit them to keep them until so close to the date? if i could figure out a legitimate reason maybe it wouldn't annoy me so much!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For what it's worth, I think the Terrace Dessert Party has lagged behind all other reservation items with having a shifting window when the reservations open for some time. I know for our visit in 2012, my wife had to call daily and finally booked our reservation around the 60 day mark.

Quite correct. From what I was told, special events holds onto the reservations until they feel safe that it will not be booked by a corporate event. Depending on the time of year that can be anywhere between 30-90 days out. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it sure does seem to fit with the way reservations open up there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom