wishes cruise or illuminations???

wickedwitchware

ive decided to surprise the fam with a fireworks cruise for an upcoming trip in march,so lets hear it which would you do Wishes or Illuminations??:sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

I don't know anything about the Wishes cruise but have been tempted by the idea of the Illuminations cruise myself. The only thing that puts me off the idea is that as you're at surface level, if the wind blows the smoke at you then you don't get to see a thing. If you could guarantee wind direction then I'd be doing it

Upvote 0

JML42691

I have done both during the same trip in the past. Our parents surprised our family with a week long trip with a lot of cool things in it about 3 & 1/2 years ago. I personally liked the Illuminations cruise more, but that was because the Wishes cruise did not include the audio on the boat at the time, but now it does. During the Illuminations cruise you depart from Y&B and cruise down to MGM and then back up until you stop under the bridge between the UK and France Pavilions to watch the show. You watch the show with several other cruise boats which is cool as we met some people who lived about 15 minutes away from us. It was also cool as you pull up to the bridge 5 minutes before the show while there are people on top of the bridge who had staked out the spot for an hour. The Illuminations cruise just makes you feel kind of special in my opinon.

Upvote 0

paul436

ive decided to surprise the fam with a fireworks cruise for an upcoming trip in march,so lets hear it which would you do Wishes or Illuminations??:sohappy:
I've never done the Wishes cruise but did take the Illuminations cruise a few years ago for my daughter's birthday. It was great! I had a really good time. Since it was my daughter's birthday we had a birthday cake and balloons on board which made it even more fun.

At the end of your cruise, be sure to tell the boat driver to drop you off at MGM if you are going back to a hotel not nearby. We were staying at the CBR that trip and getting dropped off at MGM instead of at the Y&B Club (which is where we were picked up) made for a much shorter walk to the bus back to CBR.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

COOL!!! I didn't know there were cruises for the fireworks! Is it simply getting on one of the shuttles around the showtime or are their specific places you need to go to get on one of the shuttle ships for each cruise?

Upvote 0

TestTrack

COOL!!! I didn't know there were cruises for the fireworks! Is it simply getting on one of the shuttles around the showtime or are their specific places you need to go to get on one of the shuttle ships for each cruise?

As with everything you pay $$$. About $150 IIRC, but it depends on the cruise.

They aren't on the shuttle boats.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

As with everything you pay $$$. About $150 IIRC, but it depends on the cruise.

They aren't on the shuttle boats.

Well shoooot. Howabout a handout once in awhile! I'll gladly watch from the sidewalk. :lookaroun

Maybe they got discounts for FL Residents or AP Holders or DisneyVisa holders...Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

JML42691

They were on Pontoon boats, these are the things that you have to book in advance(like the 90 or 180 days out from the date of the cruise, forget how many days it is), and be one of the first callers after 7AM or whenever the lines open. These can be very difficult to book if you are going during a busy week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom