Wishes at Disneyland Paris

Kristofke

may I remind you that disneyland paris has the most beautiful magic kingdom of the world with the most beautiful versions of haunted mansion, pirates, space mountain, main street (+ arcades) and big thunder mountain.

It's not only about the fireworks show.

Yes they are really nice in the states, but that's not all to make a judgement over the park.

In one year I visited Disney World , Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris. And I saw the wishes of dlp and wdw and remember. For me the best show was Wishes in WDW. Although the attraction music in remember is very cool, the fireworks are not that beautiful as in WDW.

BUT, both Disneyland and WDW are way lower in the top 3 of thematisations (sorry for my bad english).

Every single disney themepark fan will agree when visiting dlp.

So don't begin to make a "argh the french" fight.

DLP also has a lot of good reasons to be placed in paris. It's 1h25m from Brussels, it's 2h30m from London. No planes, just the train, and it stops in front of the park. It has nice weather in the summer season, and the cold weather in the winter (that's why it's called winter not?) with the occasional snow. I like to wear thick clothes when watching the Tree Lightning Ceremony. I just can't imagine a christmas wearing t shirts.

Connor002

Kristofke said:

Actually, I completly agree with you on that point. I was able to see DLP, and although Disney Studios was lackluster, the original park is beautiful.

TheDisneyMagic

Connor002 said:
Actually, I completly agree with you on that point. I was able to see DLP, and although Disney Studios was lackluster, the original park is beautiful.
Yer, I agree with you there, The Studios needs work and I know they are with the likes of ToT and TS, but the actual Disneyland Parc was beautiful, one thing I wasnt so sure of though was Discoveryland instead of Tomorrowland.

stitchcastle

Sure, DLP is *THE* most beautiful Magic Kingdom ever created, no argument there. But the location just restricts it way too much from becoming a truly successful park.

DL - The original, the most packed also the oldest
MK - most commercial but also the ugliest :(
TDL - best live entertainment, most well funded but also seen as clonesville
DLP - Most Beautiful, most high tech but the worst location
HKDL - most charming, best location but the smallest)

it398

i'm going april 2-4 2006. does anyone know if wishes is still going to be there then and what about the festival of the lion king show.

marchofthecards

Kristofke said:
may I remind you that disneyland paris has the most beautiful magic kingdom of the world with the most beautiful versions of haunted mansion, pirates, space mountain, main street (+ arcades) and big thunder mountain.

It's not only about the fireworks show.

Yes they are really nice in the states, but that's not all to make a judgement over the park.

In one year I visited Disney World , Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris. And I saw the wishes of dlp and wdw and remember. For me the best show was Wishes in WDW. Although the attraction music in remember is very cool, the fireworks are not that beautiful as in WDW.

BUT, both Disneyland and WDW are way lower in the top 3 of thematisations (sorry for my bad english).

So don't begin to make a "argh the french" fight.

DLP also has a lot of good reasons to be placed in paris. It's 1h25m from Brussels, it's 2h30m from London. No planes, just the train, and it stops in front of the park. It has nice weather in the summer season, and the cold weather in the winter (that's why it's called winter not?) with the occasional snow. I like to wear thick clothes when watching the Tree Lightning Ceremony. I just can't imagine a christmas wearing t shirts.

Well said! DLP is a prettier park, and more logic to it too! Just look how all the lands are separated and how they blend into each other....

and too.... DLPs castle looks the prettiest in snow, real snow that is :lol:
While Christmas in all parks is truly magical, it is thus more believable in Paris!

Yes we have problems with rural France accepting a bit of razzamataz in the evening, but, DLP can truly host a pyrotechnique roar! They are just under certain limitations when they can do this.

Too the person who quite rudely pointed out that 8pm is 20:00 to us "Europeans', We know this. We also have the ability to switch between 12 hr and 24 hr (military time I believe it is also known) at a moments notice. (We don't have to do any math to work it out!)

The only park I have yet to visit is HKDL, so I am well versed to look at all sides!
Here we go again comparing parks! IT NEVER WORKS, SO STOP IT!:sohappy:

tiflow

stitchcastle said:
Sure, DLP is *THE* most beautiful Magic Kingdom ever created, no argument there. But the location just restricts it way too much from becoming a truly successful park.

Before the construction of the Walt Disney Studios, and after the management team realised that they were in Europe and did some modifications (ex : selling beer and wine in the park... we're in Europe after all) Disneyland Paris was a success... (financially)

1992-1995 : crisis
1995-2002 : profits
2002-2005 : crisis again lol
2008 : profits ?

Dragonrider1227

stitchcastle said:
Because DLP is put on the worst location ever for a disney park. It has so many restrictions, it's almost laughable
no kidding. *kicks Eisner in the butt* WHY...DIDN'T...YOU...PUT...IT...IN...SPAIN! :brick:

But you guys are right. I've seen pics and videos. DLP is pretty and has the most visually spectacular HM and Pirates rides. Here's the way I see it.
Each park has to have something different and better. Otherwise, they're just the same parks and that's no fun. Each park has to be unique, each park has to have something that the others don't. That's what makes each park special, unique, and worth going.

Connor002

Dragonrider1227 said:
no kidding. *kicks Eisner in the butt* WHY...DIDN'T...YOU...PUT...IT...IN...SPAIN! :brick:

If you think Eisner was the sole planner of DLP, I would say you were greatly mistaken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom