deleted

Magic Feather

It is hard for me to take that article seriously when one of its images is a screen grab from Kingdom Hearts with Pooh whited over with the caption “Winnie the Pooh censored from the latest Kingdom Hearts.”
While this issue has been brought up to me in the past, it seems as though no major action will be happening anytime soon, as far as I know (which is barely everything).

Twilight_Roxas

Couldn't Disney make a temporary deal with the Chinese Government to keep the two Pooh attractions open till Disney finds a new theme to replace both attractions?

lazyboy97o

They could if they want to be sued!
Be sued by whom?

Couldn't Disney make a temporary deal with the Chinese Government to keep the two Pooh attractions open till Disney finds a new theme to replace both attractions?
If the government wants Pooh gone, they want him gone ASAP. They're not going to allow Pooh to stay any longer than necessary if they decide to dump him. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with something new to replace the attractions. The honey pots could easily be replaced with the traditional teacups, and the dark ride could be replaced with a dark ride that already exists somewhere else, like Pinocchio. They could even do an altered version of Frozen Ever After, replacing the boats with reskinned Pooh vehicles.

Remember, China is a communist country. This is a whole new experience for the Disney company, because they've never had a government breathing down their neck like this before.
Shanghai Disneyland is majority owned by the city of Shanghai through the Shanghai Shendi Group. The censorship of Winnie the Pooh on social media predates the park opening. While Xi has amassed personal power unseen in decades, the complexities of Chinese politics have so far kept these attractions open.

Twilight_Roxas

The other option for Pooh is removing every essence of Pooh with the exception of the entrance to be like Snow White & Peter Pan when they first open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom