Wine and Dine Finish Line area. Family CAN watch us finish.

frank2271

Original Poster
Last week I sent a message to Disney asking if there was a way for my family to watch my cross the finish line without paying for a Party ticket? Here is their reply:

"Frank-

The finish line is located outside of Epcot so your family will be able to see you cross the line with out needing the post race party ticket. Once you cross the finish line, you will continue down the finish line chute to get your refreshments, medal, etc. and then exit the chute inside Epcot at the UK pavilion. If your family does not have the post race party ticket, they will not be able to enter into Epcot. You will have to leave the park to meet up with them following the race.

Thanks,

Disney Sports"

So, my wife and son will be there to watch me finish. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thought you guys would like to know.
Frank

Phonedave

Last week I sent a message to Disney asking if there was a way for my family to watch my cross the finish line without paying for a Party ticket? Here is their reply:

"Frank-

The finish line is located outside of Epcot so your family will be able to see you cross the line with out needing the post race party ticket. Once you cross the finish line, you will continue down the finish line chute to get your refreshments, medal, etc. and then exit the chute inside Epcot at the UK pavilion. If your family does not have the post race party ticket, they will not be able to enter into Epcot. You will have to leave the park to meet up with them following the race.

Thanks,

Disney Sports"

So, my wife and son will be there to watch me finish. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thought you guys would like to know.
Frank

So, my guess is the finish line is going to be just BEFORE the turnstiles in the International Gateway. I wonder just how many people are going to be able to fit in that area. Not many I would think. You have to leave room for the runners, the officals, and everything else.

I was talking with some friends last night, who are planning to be at the end when I finish. They want to attend the party. I keep telling them I don't think it will be worth it. Plus, I think we will have to arrange for a taxi to get us back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge

-dave

-dave

dreamfinder

So, my guess is the finish line is going to be just BEFORE the turnstiles in the International Gateway. I wonder just how many people are going to be able to fit in that area. Not many I would think. You have to leave room for the runners, the officals, and everything else.

If I recall correctly, there is a decent sized area before the bag check over there. Should be enough room to setup bleachers on the non river side and still leave enough room for the runners and infrastructure. You can see here -> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,-81.55323&spn=0.001315,0.002599&z=19&iwloc=A If the finish is between the ticket windows and the turnstiles, that still leaves a fair amount of room between the bag check and ticket windows, and the oval area.

Based on the description Frank got it sounds like the medals, mylar blankets, food, etc will be on the walkway from the turnstile up towards the countries.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Very Interesting. Ill say that my finish I did on mapmyrun is WAY off then. I would have to bring it out by at least that last .1 of the 13.1.

I hate to say it, but I think the whole route is going to be a surprise once we start (besides the obvious few parts)

I dont think anyone in my family stays up that late. I will be solo so Ill get Dave's friends/family to cheer for me. :lol:

frank2271

Original Poster
Very Interesting. Ill say that my finish I did on mapmyrun is WAY off then. I would have to bring it out by at least that last .1 of the 13.1.

I hate to say it, but I think the whole route is going to be a surprise once we start (besides the obvious few parts)

I dont think anyone in my family stays up that late. I will be solo so Ill get Dave's friends/family to cheer for me. :lol:

I'll tell my family to cheer for you too!

Phonedave

If I recall correctly, there is a decent sized area before the bag check over there. Should be enough room to setup bleachers on the non river side and still leave enough room for the runners and infrastructure. You can see here -> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,-81.55323&spn=0.001315,0.002599&z=19&iwloc=A If the finish is between the ticket windows and the turnstiles, that still leaves a fair amount of room between the bag check and ticket windows, and the oval area.

Based on the description Frank got it sounds like the medals, mylar blankets, food, etc will be on the walkway from the turnstile up towards the countries.

My impression of walking through there is that it's deeper than it is wide. I But then I don't know just how many spectators they will be expecting.

-dave

JillC LI

When I ran the TOT 13K last year, it was the first race I ever ran where I didn't have anyone with me at either the start or finish line. DH was with the kids (7 and 9) back in the room when I finished close to midnight. I was exhausted myself afterwards considering I'd spent the whole day touring the parks before the race, so I jumped on RnRC and then caught the bus back to the resort (which took forever, btw). Plus, it was kind of weird being in DHS without my family - we've always done the parks as a group. Too bad I didn't have Dave's family to cheer for me then! :ROFLOL:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'll tell my family to cheer for you too!
Thanks. :wave:

I think we will wait till about 2 weeks out from this event and then we need to come up with a meeting spot at WWoS and time. I think a group photo would be really fun. I guess we will need to also figure out who all is going and who isnt. I kind of have an idea in my head, but we will need to get official numbers later.

When I ran the TOT 13K last year, it was the first race I ever ran where I didn't have anyone with me at either the start or finish line. DH was with the kids (7 and 9) back in the room when I finished close to midnight. I was exhausted myself afterwards considering I'd spent the whole day touring the parks before the race, so I jumped on RnRC and then caught the bus back to the resort (which took forever, btw). Plus, it was kind of weird being in DHS without my family - we've always done the parks as a group. Too bad I didn't have Dave's family to cheer for me then! :ROFLOL:
I think Sam would be there in a heartbeat for me, but she will be looking after my 2 year old later that evening when Im heading over to WWoS. My parents could watch her, but they are already watching her Thursday night for MNSSHP. Besides, my parents would have been watching the Alabama vs Florida game all night and they might not be in the right "condition" to watch a 2 year old. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom