Win & Watch the Trailer for Pirates 3

twirl2378

Original Poster
Ye be a true Pirates fan! http://home.disney.go.com/movies/pirates/fanevent/

On March 18 be one of the First to see the not yet released trailer for the new Pirates 3 movie- Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End !

:sohappy: This contest will be giving away 2 passes per winner to the event which includes:

• Watching the new trailer for Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End
• Watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
• Take part in fun pre-show giveaways and interactive activities for the audience; hosted by special guests

You must choose a city for your chance to win tickets

On March 18 Screenings will take place in the following cities: Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, St. Louis, Washington D.C.

For your chance to stake yer claim at the (Miami) Ultimate Fan Event, send an email to the address below (can be found at the website). You MUST include ALL of the following information for your chance to reserve a spot at the world premiere screening of the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End trailer.

First Name
Last Name
Phone Number
Zip Code
Unique Personal ID number: ( you will receive one after you sign in on that part of the website)

If anyone wins I can only hope you will post your story of what occured at the event! :D Have a magical day!!

darthjohnny

Ye be a true Pirates fan! http://home.disney.go.com/movies/pirates/fanevent/

On March 18 be one of the First to see the not yet released trailer for the new Pirates 3 movie- Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End !

:sohappy: This contest will be giving away 2 passes per winner to the event which includes:

• Watching the new trailer for Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End
• Watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
• Take part in fun pre-show giveaways and interactive activities for the audience; hosted by special guests

You must choose a city for your chance to win tickets

On March 18 Screenings will take place in the following cities: Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, St. Louis, Washington D.C.

For your chance to stake yer claim at the (Miami) Ultimate Fan Event, send an email to the address below (can be found at the website). You MUST include ALL of the following information for your chance to reserve a spot at the world premiere screening of the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End trailer.

First Name
Last Name
Phone Number
Zip Code
Unique Personal ID number: ( you will receive one after you sign in on that part of the website)

If anyone wins I can only hope you will post your story of what occured at the event! :D Have a magical day!!

Cool! thanks for the info! Can't wait for the trailer to come out! :D:D :D

DisneyDellsDude

From this little bit, I think that Disney is going to go all out again with this movie. A contest to see a trailer?!?!

It must be only the beginning!:lookaroun

But at least we're hearing something about the trailer!:)

CTXRover

I submitted a request for tickets to the event in Philly just for the heck of it and received an e-mail today stating that I was a winner with an attached voucher for two tickets. I live about 45 minutes-1 hour from the theater the event is being held (its actually in New Jersey cross the Ben Franklin bridge from Philly). I'm not sure if I'm actually going to go or not as I didn't think I would win or plan on it either, but if I find myself with nothing better to do on Sunday, I'll probably go and let you all know what it was like. I imagine Disney is using this as a publicity stunt at each of the locations to declare the release of the trailer and the release of the film itself as a kick-off to the first piece of marketing about AWE. I wouldn't mind going just to see what the fuss is about and maybe win one of the prizes/giveaways ;) Anyone else receive a voucher?

brandonz

I submitted a request for tickets to the event in Philly just for the heck of it and received an e-mail today stating that I was a winner with an attached voucher for two tickets. I live about 45 minutes-1 hour from the theater the event is being held (its actually in New Jersey cross the Ben Franklin bridge from Philly). I'm not sure if I'm actually going to go or not as I didn't think I would win or plan on it either, but if I find myself with nothing better to do on Sunday, I'll probably go and let you all know what it was like. I imagine Disney is using this as a publicity stunt at each of the locations to declare the release of the trailer and the release of the film itself as a kick-off to the first piece of marketing about AWE. I wouldn't mind going just to see what the fuss is about and maybe win one of the prizes/giveaways ;) Anyone else receive a voucher?

i got the same email today for the philly event that is in NJ. im not sure if i have work yet or not on sunday but if i dont im going to try and go, its about a 2 hour drive from my place.

Nicole220

I got the email as well. I'm going to the one in LA. :sohappy:

I'm excietd, I've never won anything before!

justducky78

I received one today for the one in Chicago - about an hour from us. Not sure if we'll go either. The theatre does look cool, though, and apparently you can order food and have it delivered to your seat! They will also give priority seating to people who dress as pirates. Seeing as we're not really in to that, guess we'll be waiting in line if we do go!!

CTXRover

I went to the Pirate event! It was fun. I was surprised at the number of people who dressed up, but the theater held more than those who were invited, so finding a spot to sit wasn't a problem.

Yes, the trailer is AWESOME! This Pirate film appears to have the word "epic" written all over it...more on that later.

They gave everyone with an invitation a lanyard with a laminated "At world's End" pass to wear for admission to the theater. They also gave everyone a bandana. I initially thought it was a generic bandana until I saw the small (c) Disney on the one end. While watching the movie I realized it was the same print as the one Jack Sparrow wears in the movie. Also, they gave everyone a bound booklet for the Pirates online game. Inside was a Beta "fan" test CD of the new game as well as a limited edition lithograph with the game's villian, the Jolly Roger, dated March 18, 2007.

When inside a local radio station was in charge of a raffle drawing for Pirate stuff, mostly Pirate toys and actual 8 inch records of the Dead Men's Chest soundtrack. They then had a costume contest for everyone dressed up. First were kids up to age 14, judged based on the audience's claps and cheers. The first place winner won a special DVD 'easter egg'...specifically, when the At World's End DVD is released, his name, along with the other first place kid winners at the other sites where the event was being held, will have their name somewhere on the DVD. The second place winner got one of the NECA 18 inch Jack Sparrow action figures/dolls from Dead Men's Chest. For the adults 15 and up (there were more adults than kids who dressed up :lol: ), the first place winner got the $250.00 Master Replica of Jack Sparrow's gun used in the movie. The second place winner got a Visa Check Card for $100.00.

The movie started with Geoffery Rush, Orlando Bloom, and Jerry Bruckheimer welcoming all of us to the Ultimate fan event and told us that after a screening of the movie that started it all (Curse of the Black Pearl), we would be the first to see the new trailer for At World's End.

They showed the first film and then the three actors/producer listed above stated it was time to show the trailer.

BREIF TRAILER DESCRIPTION/SPOILER ALERT:
This is what I can remember and won't go into a lot of detail since it will be on ABC and online later tomorrow evening...it started with Tia Dalma's lines from the end of DMC about saving Jack at "World's end" and shots of Jack. It then showed Asian pirate ships, pirate ships going through icy waters, a gathering of the pirate lords from the 4 corners of the world, and two awesome scenes with pirate ships firing at each other as they were being drawn into a water vortex and a shot of Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones sword fighting on a ship's mast in the rain...very cool.

Overall, the event was very fun. I think some in the crowd were expecting more than a 2 minute trailer as the local radio guy from the raffle give-away at the beginning kept saying we would see a special 10 minute clip from the movie and that tomorrow's trailer on ABC would simply be the trailer. The fact is all we saw was the trailer, which is exactly what was promoted and should have been expected....they did show the trailer twice though :)

Definetely catch the trailer tomorrow night on ABC with Dancing with the Stars or online 10pm Pacific time. It looks absolutely awesome!

Nicole220

I just got back and had a lot of fun! My event was at Disney's El Capitan Theater in LA. The place is huge! We were lucky enough to find a spot smack dab in the middle on the balcony. I think I was the only one not dressed up....these people were hard core fans.

Once we were seated, the screen showed never before seen pictures from the 3rd film while Pirates music played. Then a guy came out and handed out a bunch of prizes. I didn't win anything. :( After he was done, 2 stars came out.....they ended up being the dog and Jack the monkey from the films. They are so cute!!! Once they left, the guy introduced one more star and guess who it was......

ORLANDO BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy: :D :sohappy:

I'm not even joking, he came on stage and after a few minutes of screaming, the place settled down and he was able to talk. He thanked us and hoped that we enjoy the movie. I've never seen a movie star in real life, so this was amazing!! I wish I could take pictures, but they took away all cameras and camera cell phones before we entered...

We watched the movie then after watching the hour long credits, the trailer came...twice!!!! It was amazing!!! I can't wait till the movie comes out, I'm so excited!!:sohappy: :D

edit: forgot to talk about all the film crews that came. There were a lot of media cameras and video crews here! They interviewed the two girls right next to us. And when we came out of the theater, we were asked to give our opinion to the camera in an interview. I wasn't thinking right and nicely declined, seeing as I was in LA at night with school the next day.

Ausdaddy

The Cincinnati event was nowhere near that exciting. The trailer was awesome and I'm very grateful to Disney for putting on the event and allowing me to spend it with my son. They gave out most of the same prizes at our location as well, but no mention of the DVD Easter Egg. It was handled by the local radio station and they just quickly did a costume contest, handed out the prizes and started the movie. There could have been a little more fanfare. Oh well. I still had a good time. It's always what you make of it. Congrats to those who got to see some real stars!!!! I would have settled for the monkey. :lol:

darthjohnny

They gave out most of the same prizes at our location as well, but no mention of the DVD Easter Egg. :lol:

What DVD Easter Egg was that? :shrug:

That event sounds cool. Wish I could have gone and gotten to win some prizes.

Can't wait until Dancing with the Stars Premieres! :D

Ausdaddy

What DVD Easter Egg was that? :shrug:

That event sounds cool. Wish I could have gone and gotten to win some prizes.

Can't wait until Dancing with the Stars Premieres! :D

At some of the locations, the winners of the Childrens costume contest will be featured in an Easter Egg on the PotC:AWE DVD.

Nicole220

the official website say still 8 hours till the trailer comes out :confused:

but here is the trailler in russian :shrug:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=196&item=1
Did they put it up there illegally?

The english version is so much better than the russian one. It's amazing how much my perspective of it changed because of a different language. With the russian one, I'm just like, "eh":shrug: , but I'm blown away by the English one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom