Will you ever be able to dock a water craft??

Yoop33

Original Poster
We stayed at the Wilderness Campsite and were thinking how great it would be if we could dock our own boat and just sit out on Bay Lake and even stay out for the fireworks. This would be awesome. Although I do not have a boat yet I would consider it more if I was able to take it to Disney. I understand it is private property and there are probably way too many things Disney would be responsible for but I think it would be a great idea especially for the locals who do not have too much water to go to. (but then again they probably woun't have boats)
Anyone else have an opinion on this?

PagingTomMorrow

Yoop33 said:
We stayed at the Wilderness Campsite and were thinking how great it would be if we could dock our own boat and just sit out on Bay Lake and even stay out for the fireworks. This would be awesome. Although I do not have a boat yet I would consider it more if I was able to take it to Disney. I understand it is private property and there are probably way too many things Disney would be responsible for but I think it would be a great idea especially for the locals who do not have too much water to go to. (but then again they probably woun't have boats)
Anyone else have an opinion on this?

:veryconfu i thought orlando was littered with lakes

Thrawn

Account Suspended
So you'd drive down with your boat on your trailer and then put it in the water? Just to sit on and watch the fireworks? You wouldn't be able to go anywhere, can't have boats interfering with Disney Transport ...

Yoop33

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
So you'd drive down with your boat on your trailer and then put it in the water? Just to sit on and watch the fireworks? You wouldn't be able to go anywhere, can't have boats interfering with Disney Transport ...

Well there would obviously be more involved then that. I mean we took out the little racer boats which was kinda fun (although I cant really fit in them). I would like to be able to do my own thing in my own boat. I mean what do most people do with boats? I do not have one so I am not sure. I would assume maybe a few water sports and or relaxing. I would like to just drive around Bay Lake in my own boat and relax. I think that would be nice.
Anyone else on the same page as me?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Yoop33 said:
Well there would obviously be more involved then that. I mean we took out the little racer boats which was kinda fun (although I cant really fit in them). I would like to be able to do my own thing in my own boat. I mean what do most people do with boats? I do not have one so I am not sure. I would assume maybe a few water sports and or relaxing. I would like to just drive around Bay Lake in my own boat and relax. I think that would be nice.
Anyone else on the same page as me?

Again, they couldn't allow you to do that. The boats you rent are a different story, because there is always a certain number of them. They are also kept out of the way of Disney Transport for the most part. However, if you were to let people take their own boats in, there would be no way to control where they were.

In other words, this is a bad idea that will never happen.

KaliSplash

Unless the policy has changed in recent years, Mickey won't even let you wear your own floatation device in their pools.

I can't imagine they will every let you put your own boat in their lakes.

Besides, there's money to be made in renting you their boats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom