Will Soft 'Solo' Box Office Cause Disney to Rethink 'Star Wars' Strategy?

rreading

generally people who attend seem to enjoy it. not to the point where it's life-changing but not like they hated it so much that they'd stray others from seeing it with a seething review. its current 70% rotten tomato rating seems to convey that.

so overall i just don't think there was enough demand for such an expensive spinoff film. it isn't even bad; people just weren't hungry for it. sometimes it's that simple. i can say i've really liked the films disney has done with star wars so far and i had zero interest in this.

spoiler alert - we know the end of han solo now. how badly do i want to go back in time and learn about his beginning? i just don't. and apparently not enough others did either.

We took our time getting to see this one as well. You might want to go- it’s a really good movie, fwiw. Not life changing, but quality entertainment

Anders Limpar

I felt massively cheated by TFA because it was a lazy reboot. I don't buy into the justification that a reboot was necessary because of all the damage the prequel trilogy did to the franchise. It's Star Wars, if the TFA went in a fresh, new direction and it was actually a quality film, it would have been wildly successful because it was Star Wars. TFA lacked imagination and creativity.

I hated TLJ. It was an awful film. Many of the issues I have with the film have been brought up plenty of times. The chase aspect really grinds my gears however, it feels like a plot line created by a very inexperienced writer trying to find their way. Like someone writing a story in a high school creative writing class.

Rogue One is the only film Disney has done that actually felt like a Star Wars film and I loved it. I haven't seen Solo yet so I will withhold judgement until I see it.

I finally saw Solo and liked it. Nothing earth shattering but a fun and entertaining movie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Chewbacca is now an Ewok!

Even if he were...which I didn’t see...still better than anything rian Johnson puked out on screen...

Now Kennedy is attempting to rush his nonsense movies into production? According to reports?

Maybe she’s a Spielberg/Lucas double agent and Is actively trying to destroy it? At least you can respect that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom