Will my Annual Pass still be seperate from my MagicBand?

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Yeterday I was able to customize my MagicBand for this December. Now on the My Disney Experience page I did not click to link my Annual Pass with the MagicBand because I prefer to keep them seperated. So can I assume when I use my Annual Pass it won't be linked with my MagicBand automatically even if I choose not to do that myself?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This ^^^. Your MagicBand would work to open your room door, but would not work for admission or FP+. My husband's AP was not linked with his new band (it was with his band from August) and we discovered this the hard way.

If you are concerned about being able to get regular paper fastpasses (while they are still being offered), you can use your AP in the machines as usual (in addition to any FP+ you may have with your MagicBand.)

You will still need to have your AP in the parks with you if you want to utilize your discounts. The MagicBand does not show AP status.

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
This ^^^. Your MagicBand would work to open your room door, but would not work for admission or FP+. My husband's AP was not linked with his new band (it was with his band from August) and we discovered this the hard way.

If you are concerned about being able to get regular paper fastpasses (while they are still being offered), you can use your AP in the machines as usual (in addition to any FP+ you may have with your MagicBand.)

You will still need to have your AP in the parks with you if you want to utilize your discounts. The MagicBand does not show AP status.
I'm still a bit confused. What did you mean by your husband found out the hard way? As long as I can still use my Annual Pass card which I got this past August when I renewed it, so I can enter the parks with it is all I want. So if the MagicBands can open the door to my room and make room charges, then I will be ok with that. Plus during my last trip in August 2013 the Boardwalk Inn did not have the MagicBands yet.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm still a bit confused. What did you mean by your husband found out the hard way? As long as I can still use my Annual Pass card which I got this past August when I renewed it, so I can enter the parks with it is all I want. So if the MagicBands can open the door to my room and make room charges, then I will be ok with that. Plus during my last trip in August 2013 the Boardwalk Inn did not have the MagicBands yet.
We got bands in August and used them for admission, FP+, room key and charging. We got new bands in October, but also brought our ones from August with us. My husband wore his "new" band and was denied admission at the park entrance, so he just used his AP. We thought it was just a glitch until he tried to use his band for our FP+ and was denied at two different attractions. So then we spent over a half hour with several CMs in the info center next to Tony's in Town Square to try and figure out why. Turns out his AP was only linked to the band from August. Once his AP was linked to the new band also, we had no further issues (and were able to use both our bands interchangeably.)

If you don't link your AP to your band, you will not be able to use FP+. If that is not important to you, then no worries...the band will open your room door and make room charges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom