Will FTP make Sept more busy than normal???

thebubster4

Original Poster
I keep reading posts from people who have just returned from WDW, and they all feel like the crowds are much larger this yr at this time then they have been before. Most seem to think that it is because of the FTP. I booked the package in Sept (6-13), because i wanted peace and quiet. Does anyone else, who has just returned, seem to think the crowds were larger because of the FTP? And, do you also think we will see larger Sept crowds than in previous years?:brick:

FTP has definitely had some impact on crowds, but many folks may be comparing it to the last few summers when attendance was down. When you look at stand-by times that people were listing 30, 60, 90 minutes, 60 minutes used to be the average waiting time for all the top attractions during the summer. 30 minutes is still pretty minimal....Guests got spoiled the last 2-3 years by the absence of heavy crowds

Distribution of where guests are staying is the only effect I see from FTP. More folks made the jump to Disney resorts, sorry. But I believe most folks who wanted to take advantage of FTP did it during the summer or waited until October when they could take advantage of the MNSSHP. Since AP rates have not been released for Sept., those rooms usually taken up by AP holders may have just been replaced by those taking advantage of the FTP.

The last thing to remember, all the people reporting were there during what's considered peak summer season. I would wait to see what folks are saying after the 24th when hours get reduced and value season begins.

Blizz

Its not just FTP its also ZRFS. Thats what we used and it was more crowded then last year. But I was alo there the week that they announced to FL residents that they could try mission space. (even got the first pin in the countdown to mission space collection)

ToTBellHop

isn't it a good thing that attendance is up? Weather, not crowds, was what I found horrid during my trip a few weeks back. You can avoid the long lines by utilizing Fastpass, but the rain...it's still really bad...Test Track was closed from 4 pm till close yesterday...

Supermatt70

Originally posted by Blizz
Its not just FTP its also ZRFS. Thats what we used and it was more crowded then last year. But I was alo there the week that they announced to FL residents that they could try mission space. (even got the first pin in the countdown to mission space collection)

ZRFS is the Fairytale Package.

Blizz

Originally posted by Supermatt70
ZRFS is the Fairytale Package.

Sorry, your right. I knew that but for some odd reason I thought that FTP was another code for it. Thats what I get when i dont sleep. LOL. I must have been out of it...

Well it was a good deal and I know that tons were doing it for our trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom