Will fast past turn into disney dining preplanning?

mousehunter96

Original Poster
i have a very ligitimate concern with FP+ and on line prebooking. People will become "booking happy" and prebook an entire trip 6 months in advance (which is ok IF USED). I see LOTS of FP+ booking no- shows, which will affect other vacationer's ability to obtain FP's when entering a park for a dayI fully expect this to become a significant issue and possibly Disney starting a NO-SHOW charge to FP+ (since everything can be tied to an account). It is a great idea but i fear it will be greatly abused once fully on line requiring Disney to adapt (at our expense). I give dining in parks as a great example (for special places), 6 months out +/- a few days and they are full!

Rob562

Well, there's a few differences that I see.

First, you're limited to making FP+ reservations for the same number of days on your ticket. (Or if you're an AP holder, you can only have 7 days' worth of FP+ at one time) Tying them to the days on your ticket means it's not like ADR's where someone could make one for every meal of every day of their trip and only use a handful of them. And tying them to specific peoples' accounts with their tickets means that you can't double or triple book like you can (and some do) with ADR's by using a different name or phone number.

Second, there is (generally) a financial incentive for Disney to make sure that dining reservations are used. So putting restrictions and imposing a charge protects Disney. With FP+ there isn't much of a financial impact for Disney if they *don't* get used.

Lastly, I'm sure that given time and enough operating data on how FP+ is booked and used, Disney can be like the airlines and hotels and reasonably come up with a percentage of "overbooked" capacity that they know won't get used and add that to the system.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom