Will Endgame reach 1 billion on its first Sunday? Yes

seascape

Original Poster
According to Deadline the final numbers are in. Domestically it did not do as well as the original industry estimated but did do better than the Disney estimates. As a result the final Domestic number was 356 million through Sunday. Internationally the Disney number also under estimated and the actual number was 866 million. Therefore the final worldwide box office was 1.222 billion and after Sunday was the 17th highest grossing movie ever.

jt04

According to Deadline the final numbers are in. Domestically it did not do as well as the original industry estimated but did do better than the Disney estimates. As a result the final Domestic number was 356 million through Sunday. Internationally the Disney number also under estimated and the actual number was 866 million. Therefore the final worldwide box office was 1.222 billion and after Sunday was the 17th highest grossing movie ever.

Just to be clear the industry estimates you refer to were projected after the madness started. As far as I know nobody in the business was on the record with the numbers we saw over the weekend.

Plus I hear many shows are still selling close to capacity. But with far fewer screenings because weekday. And employees need to sleep.

Last edited:

seascape

Original Poster
Just to be clear the industry estimates you refer to were projected after the madness started. As far as I know nobody in the business was on the record with the numbers we saw over the weekend.

Plus I here many shows are still selling close to capacity. But with far fewer screenings because weekday. And employees need to sleep.
I know no one thought it was possible to do these numbers. i thought 1 billion was possible because adding China to Infinity war brought the ecpected total to well over 900 million. it didnt need a huge increase betond that to break 1 billion, but to fo 22% more than that was insane and it could not have been done without the theaters staying open all night.

jt04

Hearing estimates of 40 million dom today. Possible 200 million next weekend in N.A.

So I guess 2 billion in the first 2 weeks WW is on the table. Wha?😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom