Will a coaching affect my rehire status?

alyssaisrad93

Original Poster
So towards the very end of my 2nd CP, in the Fall of 2015, I received a coaching. Long story short, I had gone down to go to the bathroom after coming back from my break (I was assigned a tasking position so I wasn't abandoning a register or anything), and started talking to my friends on the way back (the bathroom was in the breakroom). A few minutes later a leader came down, took me to his office and I received a coaching. I've always been the person that never did anything bad for fear of getting in trouble, so this was devastating to me (also my other leader told me I was "stealing company time" and she probably would've termed me, so there's that...).

Anyway, my lifelong goal has been to work for Disney in a professional capacity, and I'm wondering if this will hurt me at all? Unfortunately it's the last thing on my record card as it happened like two weeks before my program ended. This is the only bad thing on my record card, besides a few callouts and I've never received a reprimand. I'm planning on applying to some professional internships soon and I'm really afraid that this will be a blackmark on my applications.

Some additional info, I applied to transfer to part time before all of this happened, and about a month after my program ended I was put into a part time position, but I wasn't able to accept it and my leader said she would code it so I could be rehired. (That was a fiasco, let me tell you). I did go on to work at the Disney Store after my program ended, but I've heard they use a different system so they wouldn't have seen my record card.

AVGuy

I doubt that a 'coaching' would affect your rehire status into an hourly role. Expectations/standards are higher for a leadership role. It would be my recommendation to find an hourly and build your character and reputation from within rather than 'hoping' that you can find a 'professional' role from the outside. Disney promotes thousands of cast members from within every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom