wildreness lodge

ortis

:sohappy: we will be at the w.l august 9-16.I was wondering how long it takes by boat to the mk .also how long by bus to the other parks. Is this a pain to use the disney transportation because we wont have our car. Thanks in advance

tigsmom

The boat it the MK is about 10 mins. The bus schedule isn't too bad, but a pain with little kids. Tired kids don't understand that you have to wait...and maybe not make the first bus. We will sometimes use our own car to go to MGM, esp if we will be out late. Not really sure about the timeline to other parks, but I really don't mind the ride.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Honestly, I think that the whole Disney transportation thing is more an issue of attitude and personality than of the clock.

I HATE driving in an unfamiliar area--I am horrible with directions and am easily lost. Yes--I am that person doing 35 mph in a 55 zone looking for my exit.

For me, having someone else worry about getting there, taking alternate routes to avoid construction, etc., is worth a few minutes' wait. I love looking out the windows and soaking in the atmostphere. (even the highway markers at WDW are special)

Some people are too high-strung to wait even 3 minutes for a bus.

I don't remember excessive waits for a bus at the WL, so my estimate would be 10 - 15 minutes at most.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by ortis
:sohappy: we will be at the w.l august 9-16.I was wondering how long it takes by boat to the mk .also how long by bus to the other parks. Is this a pain to use the disney transportation because we wont have our car. Thanks in advance

You're going to love the Wilderness lodge!
It's our favorite resort and I'm heading back in Spetember!

The boat to MK only takes about 10-15 minutes, and is actually a very fun part of the experience. We got great video of the Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and the approach to the MK form there! Things you can only see from the water!

Some of the boats go to the Contemporary first to pick up and drop off other guests, so be sure to ask the skipper so you'll know what to expect. Others go between Wilderness Lodge and the Fort Wilderness campgrounds.

Bus service is good, and nothing to worry about.

ENJOY! You'll have a GREAT trip!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

pooh071567

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Honestly, I think that the whole Disney transportation thing is more an issue of attitude and personality than of the clock.

I HATE driving in an unfamiliar area--I am horrible with directions and am easily lost. Yes--I am that person doing 35 mph in a 55 zone looking for my exit.

For me, having someone else worry about getting there, taking alternate routes to avoid construction, etc., is worth a few minutes' wait. I love looking out the windows and soaking in the atmostphere. (even the highway markers at WDW are special)

Some people are too high-strung to wait even 3 minutes for a bus.

I don't remember excessive waits for a bus at the WL, so my estimate would be 10 - 15 minutes at most.

I completely agree with Yellow Shoes. The last thing I want to do on vacation is drive, worry about getting lost, getting aggravated with the moron drivers that are out there etc. The most we ever waited for a bus was about 15 minutes. I'd gladly take the Disney transportation over driving any day.:)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by wdwfan65
WL is a great resort the only problem is the pool it needs to be more like the Polys pool.But nothing is better than the Poly!:sohappy:

We stayed at the Poly last year...one of the things I didn't like was the pool..its only 3 feet deep.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by wdwfan65
WL is a great resort the only problem is the pool it needs to be more like the Polys pool.But nothing is better than the Poly!:sohappy:

Thread drift...

Beach Club's pool is the best... PERIOD!! :D

Ok, back to the topic at hand.

We visited WL on our trip last October. The boat from MK is about 10 minutes. When we rode, it went from MK to Fort Wilderness, then to WL. There seemed to be boats going all the time, out boat would pull out with one waiting to pull in.

Bus service was a bit more trying. We took the bus from WL to Animal Kingdom. The bus picked us up at WL, then stoped at Poly, and GF before heading out to Animal kingdom. That was almost a 20 minute ride.

But since I really don't mind the rides or the waits, we've booked WL for our trip this november :)

Upvote 0

skiwee

Originally posted by tigsmom
We stayed at the Poly last year...one of the things I didn't like was the pool..its only 3 feet deep.

The Poly pool reaches 5 foot in some places. I am only 5'3 and it is almost over my head in some parts. That is the main pool. I don't know how deep the quiet pool is but I believe it is deeper then that.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Boats

We loved the Wilderness Lodge and never minded waiting for the transportation. We never waited long even for the buses. That was the one thing we loved about the lodge besides it's beauty. The boat is great and I would recommend waiting even if you have a car.

Upvote 0

goofyman

We just return from WLV last week. The boat ride to MK is 5min and a really nice way to travel. I am not a big fan of buses so we used Monorail to get to Epcot and then boat to Studios. Or we drove ourself. We did use buses a few times but I dont like the wait and rather be on my own time in my car and go when I want.
Have fun , this is a Wonderful resort!

Upvote 0

cuteypatooty78

A friend of my dads stayed at WL around the same time we were there so we went met her at the WL and ate at the Wispering Canyon cafe. I only saw the lobby of this hotel for a brief time but what we saw of it was nice! :)

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

The Lodge is a beautiful resort!

I haven't been there in a while, but when last I visited the bus service was pretty retched :hurl:

The boats were quite nice though - even romantic in the evening! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom