Wilderness Lodge

RAMBLER5678

I see that alot of folks love the Wilderness Lodge. Can someone tell me the difference in the rooms?(standard,lodge,courtyard).Also which room do you recommend?

Lauriebar

We have stayed at WL twice. I would definately go for a Courtyard view. The pool and surroundings are beautiful and the price is not much different than standard view.

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

I've never actually stayed in the Wilderness Lodge building, but I have stayed at the villas. I really liked the view from those rooms, they overlook a whole bunch of trees, and it doesn't even seem like you're at WDW. Very pretty view :)

Upvote 0

Mr Smee

We have stayed at WL 4 times it is our favorite resort. IMHO I like a woods view over courtyard only because of the noise coming from the pool at night.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Mr Smee said:
We have stayed at WL 4 times it is our favorite resort. IMHO I like a woods view over courtyard only because of the noise coming from the pool at night.

This will be our 6th stay at the WL. We always ask to stay in RM 6030 or 32...woods view overlooking the MK. At one point we could watch the fireworks & Cinderella's Castle change colors, but the trees have grown too tall. Its very quiet on this side of the building.
Last year we were upgraded to a Courtyard View (Rm 6158) that overlooked the Villas and the quiet pool.(the lake is to the left) Very nice & not noisy at all, though a little far away from everything...no big deal for us.

One year we had a room overlooking the waterfall (4th floor)...too noisy for us; so now we always ask for the 6th floor.

Upvote 0

DisneyPinDad

Lobby View for us!

:xmas: We go the week after Thanksgiving and love to stay in the rooms overlooking the lobby. The higher up, the better (particularly if you are on the Whispering Canyon side).

It's just so cool to step out of the room and see the huge Xmas tree and hear the music and hubbub below. Also, the missus loves to curl up with a book in one of the rockers close by.

Makes me want to be there now - instead of in this 100 degree Virginia heat!!! :cool:

Upvote 0

BriJul

The place was great. However, if you eat there, make sure the ribs are cooked like they should be....all the way through. Nothing like a bout of food poisioning to ruin the last days of a vacation.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

BriJul said:
The place was great. However, if you eat there, make sure the ribs are cooked like they should be....all the way through. Nothing like a bout of food poisioning to ruin the last days of a vacation.

Sorry that you got sick. We have eaten there dozens of times & have never had a problem (or one with any other restaurant in WDW).

Upvote 0

Kadee

The only problem I've ever had with Disney restaurants is that I've eaten TOO much. The portion sizes are huge! Anyway, WL is wonderful and I've heard that there aren't many rooms with a bad view. But some may be a little noisy. My family is currently debating our next stay at DW. I want WL my daughter wants BW and hubby wants to stay home. He isn't as "into" DW as I am.

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort visually. I can't compare it to other resorts because it is the first and only Disney Resort we've stayed at. We supposedly had a "woods view" but in reality we were in a room overlooking the Villas and a sandbox.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

STR8FAN2005 said:
The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort visually. I can't compare it to other resorts because it is the first and only Disney Resort we've stayed at. We supposedly had a "woods view" but in reality we were in a room overlooking the Villas and a sandbox.

Thats a Woods View...the MK or one side of ther Villas. The other side of the Villas (by the pool) is considered Courtyard.

Upvote 0

BriJul

tigsmom said:
Sorry that you got sick. We have eaten there dozens of times & have never had a problem (or one with any other restaurant in WDW).
Yeah, that sucked, but it was still a great trip. And I still recommend going to that restaurant because you can't beat the all you can eat BBQ....just dont ask for KETCHUP!!!

Upvote 0
Ooohhh! We love the WL, can't say enough about it. The courtyard view is very nice, especially those with a view of Bay Lake because you can see the Electrical Pageant from your balcony. The folks at the check in are pretty accomodating about requesting floors, rooms etc. just ask! Smiling and being polite always a plus.

Upvote 0

M:SpilotISTC12

stay in room 6032. You face the Magick Kingdom and you get a good view of a little lake and you see the fireworks everynight from your balcony. Its so great i have stayed in that room twice and loved it every time. Ahh so many great memories. I cry in joy. :cry:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
stay in room 6032. You face the Magick Kingdom and you get a good view of a little lake and you see the fireworks everynight from your balcony. Its so great i have stayed in that room twice and loved it every time. Ahh so many great memories. I cry in joy. :cry:

:sohappy: Great room! And its right by the snack machine & elevator.

Upvote 0

M:SpilotISTC12

Yes and a couple of minutes from the pool and Roaring Fork. I think Roaring Fork is the best fast food place in disney. I love to pin trade so I would just go down the elevator and wall up the hill and hang out at the pin cart.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom