Wilderness Lodge distance

sleepybear

We're going in October and have usually stayed at the Polynesian. We love the themeing, the atmosphere and the fact that the monorail loop is right there. I stayed at All-Star once and quickly realized I didn't like having to use the shuttle buses to get to everything. I enjoy a little variety and having more than one option. For this trip, we're thinking about Wilderness Lodge. I know it's not exactly on the monorail loop, but it is pretty darn close. So I was wondering, is it worth it? How easy is it to get around and what are the transportation options?

tigsmom

Well worth the money in my opinion.

You can take the larger boat to the MK or the smaller launch to the Contemporary to hit the monorail. I have never had a problem with bus service, but some people dislike the fact that they share the bus with Fort Wilderness as it does add some time to the trip. We've stayed there about 7 times and we really love the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

We loved the atmosphere, and really enjoyed the boat service as well, as it made for a nice change of pace. If we wanted to head to Epcot, we just took the boat over to the Contemporary and took monorails over. The bus service was not so bad, and certainly not as bad as what we see at the All Stars from time to time. I would highly reccommend a stay at the WL to anyone!

Upvote 0

Jekyll Baker

I love the WL. The boats are a great trip, either to the Contemporary or to MK. And the busses are convenient also for the other parks. I can only remember stopping at Ft Wilderness once or twice, though I remember usually stopping at GF in the mornings.

I'm hoping to be back at the WL this fall, either Sept or Nov. Ya'll have fun no matter where you stay!

Upvote 0

swimmom

WL is our favorite resort. We really like the boat transportation to MK and Contemporary. We also go to Epcot by taking the boat to Contemporary and then the monorail to Epcot.

Upvote 0

figmentfan

Wild Lodge is the BEST resort on property.

Wonderful atmosphere and music, makes you feel like home.

Great transporation: buses, and ferries to MK, Contemporary, and Ft. Wilderenss.

Guess what I saw back in mid-April.................
My cousin and I were leaving MK to go back to Port Orleans Riverside, when I took a glance at the bus location board at the bus stops in MK, there is a bus to Wilderness Lodge!?!?!?! Is this a temporary thing or an all time thing? It would be nice to get back to WL in less than 10 minutes from MK.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

WL is the only place I stay at. I love it to pieces. Taking the boat to the Kingdom is so relaxing. Buses are not bad, usually not that crowded either except when leaving the parks at night.

Upvote 0

righttrack

WL is like the Poly if the Poly were almost new. Transportation is great. The boat to MK is fast and can move quite a bit of people. The fact that its shared only with one resort, as opposed to the monorail which is shared amoung three, plus T&T, it likely moves more guest resorts at peak times.

Upvote 0

KnK

Love...Love...Love... the Wilderness Lodge:sohappy:

My husband I stay there every year in September. I think about once a trip the busses stop at Fort Wilderness. The transportation is no big deal at all.

The boat ride to MK is the best!

They have a great pool area. Great food. Just an all around great place to stay.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

You will LOVE the WL! The transportation is a piece of cake. The water launch is really an asset, we used it to get to the monorail which we took for the MK, the Boardwalk, and the other hotels. The only place that we actually used a bus was for DTD.

The atmosphere is great, as well as the service. We called in our reservations and there was a mistake on the dates, so they booked us in the concierge level at regular prices! It was really nice!!! Eat at the Whispering Canyon Cafe, in the lobby, especially if you have kids (or not!) its great food and a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Original Poster
I sense a Wilderness Lodge fan club brewing. You guys have really made a great case for staying there. Between the rave reviews and the fact that it costs slightly less than Poly, I'm thinking we will stay there. It's just scary for a lifelong Poly boy to be stepping out into uncharted hotel territory:)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

sleepybear said:
I sense a Wilderness Lodge fan club brewing. You guys have really made a great case for staying there. Between the rave reviews and the fact that it costs slightly less than Poly, I'm thinking we will stay there. It's just scary for a lifelong Poly boy to be stepping out into uncharted hotel territory:)

Don't be afraid! We are the same way with the WL... its where we usually stay. Everyonce in awhile we weill try something new. One year it was the Poly, this year its the Boardwalk Inn. We have sent a lot of people to the WL over the years (we first stayed right after it opened) and everyone loves it.
While the atmosphere is different than the Poly its just as much fun. The Cms will bend over backwards to help you. Where else can you get a geyser?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom