Wierd, but fun facts

CubsRock

Original Poster
When I was at DHS a month ago attending the evening EMH, my family and I decided to go to Muppet Vision. While we were waiting at the front for them to open the ride (the cast member said it would only be a minute or two before it would open for the EMHs), I showed this family the key under the mat. When the Cm returned, she told us about how on the Muppet Show, the security guard was a pig and that was the same pig that is the guard at Muppet Vision. She pointed out that the sandwich the Security Pig was eating at the guard desk was a BLT. Disney promoting canibalism, who would of thunk?! So next time you're at the studios, check this out. Does anyone have other fun facts like this?

plutoismyhero

I heard that you can find a paint brush on tom sawyers island not sure if it is true cause EVERY time i look i dont find one but i still look
i love hidden things like this at disney when i am actually able to move down there i am going to try and write a book about it hopefully i can in the next 5 years lol :lookaroun

EmOhYouEssE

I heard that you can find a paint brush on tom sawyers island not sure if it is true cause EVERY time i look i dont find one but i still look
i love hidden things like this at disney when i am actually able to move down there i am going to try and write a book about it hopefully i can in the next 5 years lol :lookaroun

They used to have paint brushes hidden on TSI and when you found one, you got a FP good for any attraction. I haven't heard/seen that happen lately, so not sure if they discontinued it or not.

There are so many hidden treasures you can find at Disney if you aren't rushing from ride to ride.

Riding in the wheelhouse of the Riverboat is great for taking a ton of pics from a different perspective.

Have you ever picked up the phone in the shop on Main street and listened to the "party line"? That is super cute and worth it. I am trying to remember if that is only at DL though. I am pretty sure they have it at MK in FL too, but, trips tend to run together at times, so I can't be positive.

Riding the various cars down Main Street is great. The drivers can give you a load of tips/insights. It's a great way to kill time in a relaxing way during peak day park hours.

There are so many things to do without ever getting on a ride at the parks, wow. I can't even name them all. So many people miss the little things when trying to get the big things, it's amazing.

Just soak it all in. It's worth it!

Em

adamcav

Have you ever picked up the phone in the shop on Main street and listened to the "party line"? That is super cute and worth it. I am trying to remember if that is only at DL though. I am pretty sure they have it at MK in FL too, but, trips tend to run together at times, so I can't be positive.

The phone you are referring to does indeed exists in the MK at WDW as well. It was housed in the "Main Street Market House" but due to some shop refurbishment was removed. Fortunately it has recently returned and is now located in the hat shop, "Le Chapeau".

Check out my website for a few other similar treasures:
http://www.secondstarfilms.com/Videos/Hidden%20Disney/HD%20List/index.html

P.S. The image on our site is from the MSMH, I will update it soon, when I get time to go through our pictures from last month's vacation.

Cmdr_Crimson

One that no one really notices is one that is located in Mickey's Toontown fair.

When going through Minnie's house as you enter into her art room you'll notice in the center of her room is a painting canvas that was being worked on by Minnie..It depicts an image of Goofy flying in his Barnstormer Prior to him hitting the water tower..To get a good shot of both of Before and After you have to stand to the left side of the chair and kneel down to see that Minnie did get a "good" angle when Goofy hit the tower right outside her window...I think this is my favorite hidden touch not too many people know about..Besides the chicken exit for the Haunted Mansion and the room keys and bells for service.

UPDATE: I just found the pictures as explained..http://bp3.blogger.com/_2sYXHRFeJNk...DTI/2Aqdv2jfNrg/s1600-h/CL+Goofy+Painting.jpg

Fun2BFree

And let's not forget the (now-ruined) DHS Hidden Mickey:

82580_f260.jpg

EmOhYouEssE

The phone you are referring to does indeed exists in the MK at WDW as well. It was housed in the "Main Street Market House" but due to some shop refurbishment was removed. Fortunately it has recently returned and is now located in the hat shop, "Le Chapeau".

Check out my website for a few other similar treasures:
http://www.secondstarfilms.com/Videos/Hidden Disney/HD List/index.html

P.S. The image on our site is from the MSMH, I will update it soon, when I get time to go through our pictures from last month's vacation.

Thanks for the link. I set it to my favs to look through while I'm waiting for 4-5 trees a day to die while I print out PDF docs for reports/files.

Is the Le Chapeau shop the one at the top right when facing main street? (so the shop would actually be facing the square, but off to the right? I think you can also get stitching done on hats there if it is the one I'm thinking of).

Em

DizneyPryncess

I found a paintbrush on TSI in March 08 - pics & story are in my blog. It was a ton of fun. In July the day I went, there were not any hidden. The CM working the raft told me they try to always hide them, but there are only a few left due to people stealing them. :shrug:

Some of my other favorite little details around WDW:
-Cinderella having her own horse on Cinderella's carousal. It's the only horse with a gold ribbon on it's tail.
-Waking up Tinkerbell by being the first person in her gift shop each morning
-Lady & the Tramp's pawprints in the cement outside of Tony's on main street.
-The Rags to Riches fountain in Fantasyland. The crown in the mural sits on Cinderella's head when bowing to her, or standing at a child's level.
-The hidden Tinkerbell in the rocks on the exit of Big Thunder Mountain.

Just a few ~ I love all the little things ;)

the-reason14

I found a paintbrush on TSI in March 08 - pics & story are in my blog. It was a ton of fun. In July the day I went, there were not any hidden. The CM working the raft told me they try to always hide them, but there are only a few left due to people stealing them. :shrug:

Some of my other favorite little details around WDW:
-Cinderella having her own horse on Cinderella's carousal. It's the only horse with a gold ribbon on it's tail.
-Waking up Tinkerbell by being the first person in her gift shop each morning
-Lady & the Tramp's pawprints in the cement outside of Tony's on main street.
-The Rags to Riches fountain in Fantasyland. The crown in the mural sits on Cinderella's head when bowing to her, or standing at a child's level.
-The hidden Tinkerbell in the rocks on the exit of Big Thunder Mountain.

Just a few ~ I love all the little things ;)

A hidden Tinkerbell? Anyone have a pic of that, Id love to see?

RiversideBunny

.... She pointed out that the sandwich the Security Pig was eating at the guard desk was a BLT. Disney promoting canibalism, who would of thunk?! So next time you're at the studios, check this out. ...

The BLT is to promote the new Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort and DVC time share sales.

:animwink::animwink:

BTW- When I was growing up, at one time we had some hogs. I found in feeding them that they would eat pork scraps quite readily. In fact, they would eat most anything. They made real pigs of themselves.

Since1976

In recent trips I've brought various guidebooks and hidden mickey lists with the intent of using them to find and point out all the cool secrets around the parks. Unfortunately, the fast pace of our trips combined with the realities of touring with kids means that there really is no good time to stop and page through a book or or through sheets of printouts.

My alternative has been to read up about as many secrets as possible beforehand and hope that I remember where to look for them. In a way, each Disney trip is like a Hidden Secret SAT for me :p

laynalee07

Just an interesting fact...

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and they told us that the statue of Walt and Mickey was actually connected to the statues of Roy and Minnie at the front enterance.
Walt is telling Mickey that it is time for him to go now, but he has good family to take care of him (thats why he is pointing to the main enterance). Roy and Minnie are waiting for Mickey to join them.

(Have to admit it brought a tear to my eye... haha)

bluefaery

I heard the same story. I cried as well. Do you remember who your tour guide was?

Just an interesting fact...

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and they told us that the statue of Walt and Mickey was actually connected to the statues of Roy and Minnie at the front enterance.
Walt is telling Mickey that it is time for him to go now, but he has good family to take care of him (thats why he is pointing to the main enterance). Roy and Minnie are waiting for Mickey to join them.

(Have to admit it brought a tear to my eye... haha)

NiarrNDisney

BTW- When I was growing up, at one time we had some hogs. I found in feeding them that they would eat pork scraps quite readily. In fact, they would eat most anything. They made real pigs of themselves.[/QUOTE]

"Silence of the Swine"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom