Why No Wagon's at WDW...Just Curious

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone knew the reason behind no wagons at wdw but they allow huge strollers. I wouldn't think it was a size issue since they aren't any bigger than say an electric scooter. Just curious. Thanks :)

DManRightHere

I was just wondering if anyone knew the reason behind no wagons at wdw but they allow huge strollers. I wouldn't think it was a size issue since they aren't any bigger than say an electric scooter. Just curious. Thanks :)

Kid falls off wagon, parent doesn't realize kid falls off wagon, parent loses kid. I've seriously seen this happen.

rangerbob

I would think it would be easier to pull it behind you. You would create the break and the wagon would follow behind you. With a stroller you need to hope a pray that nobody would step in front of you, stop in front of you, or do some other stupid thing in front of you. I can see the problem with the kid falling out of it as a problem but if the kid is used to riding in it I wouldn't see that as a problem.

Britt

I would think it would be easier to pull it behind you. You would create the break and the wagon would follow behind you. With a stroller you need to hope a pray that nobody would step in front of you, stop in front of you, or do some other stupid thing in front of you. I can see the problem with the kid falling out of it as a problem but if the kid is used to riding in it I wouldn't see that as a problem.
Idk! Those crowds can be super tight and people walk close to eachother, there is usually only the "break" the size of a person, not usually expecting a load pulled behind you! People barely pay attention to a stroller in front of you, let alone you dragging something low to the ground, behind you, you know? (Mostly picturing parade, firework type crowds here when people are leaving/moving at the same time, same place kind of thing) :)

MaryJaneP

Agree with hakuna and others. Behind you? Can you imagine the liability of guest falling over a wagon being towed behind another guest? Do we really need to clog up the walkways with another wheeled device that offers conveniences already available in other permissible devices for those that need them?

Nemo14

Also with a stroller in front of you, you can see if your child tries to stand up or hop out or whatever. If you're towing a wagon behind you, you can't see what the kid is doing.

Kristamouse

Mom of 5 kids with 10 trips under my belt and no way in H**l I would pull a wagon in the parks! Wagon around the block, to the bus stop even trick or treating, sure...but on a EMH night with two parades and Tink flying!?! No thank you...
I can't wait to ditch my stroller but should probably let my 5 month old learn how to walk 1st;)
Also who wants to haul a wagon around in thier car? I drive a Suburban and still wouldn't want to drag it around...
I also believe that pull behind coolers are also not allowed

rob0519

Coolers are ok, just not the kind with wheels. This is from the Disney FAQ page:
Disney Theme Parks & Water Parks – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
What types of personal items are not permitted inside the theme parks?

A.
You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:

• You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:
    • Wagons
    • Skateboards
    • Scooters
    • Inline skates
    • Shoes with built-in wheels
    • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
    • Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
    • Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom