Why is MK open so late this weekend?

CP_alum08

Original Poster
This coming Saturday (2/16) MK is open until 1am without EMH, any special reason? Is there something going on? Are they expecting it to be super busy? I'll be there this weekend so I'm not complaining :) just curious!

PhotoDave219

This coming Saturday (2/16) MK is open until 1am without EMH, any special reason? Is there something going on? Are they expecting it to be super busy? I'll be there this weekend so I'm not complaining :) just curious!

Louisiana schools are off for Mardi Gras. Parks are packed and super busy.

Looking ahead..... Presidents Day weekend has both Boston & New York City schools off that week for winter break. Schedule accordingly.

Rob562

Looking ahead..... Presidents Day weekend has both Boston & New York City schools off that week for winter break. Schedule accordingly.

Exactly. Some of the northern states have an extra week of vacation built into their school year to help combat the winter doldrums. Here in Massachusetts we get a week in February and a week in April. (At least that's how it was when I was a kid, I presume it's still the same)

Southern schools I think mostly only do one week that's more like college spring break in March. They're more interested in finishing school before the very hot summers, whereas it's not as big of a deal for northern school to go well into June if needed.

-Rob

Dads 2 Boys

Absolutely. It's crazy down here the last few days and it's only going to worsen over the next 10 days.

BigRedDad

Absolutely. It's crazy down here the last few days and it's only going to worsen over the next 10 days.
Yes, and the crowds will die down for about a week right before the Spring Break crowds start. This week is President's week, next week is Daytona 500, then a slower week leading into SB (the week I am there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom