Why IOA is loosign attendance

CaptainMichael

IoA is where dreams come true. The opening Bizarre and Lost Continent belong somewhere in a Disney park. Awesomeness at its best. Poseidon's Fury hardly ever gets mentioned and that's a top-notch experience not to be missed, and I totally love Dueling Dragons.

I cannot wait for Potter!

MSTCrow

We just returned from a visit to IOA. There are many problems.

The attractions are sporadic. You can walk through Marvel and find a pretty decent amount to do. If it's a little chilly or it's raining, Toon Lagoon is a giant waste of time and space. Jurassic Park screams wasted potential. Over at Lost Continent, Poseiden's Fury is a colossal bore with one pretty darn cool special effect in my opinion.

The rides themselves are poorly maintained. As pass holders, we visit somewhat often and find broken down rides all the time. Just today we were trapped on Spiderman for 15 minutes with no explanation of what was going on. When the ride fired back up, it was without the special effects, but the car went through the same motions with the house lights up. Very bizarre indeed.

Another poster remarked the rides cater to one demographic. I think that's half true. The rides cater to two demographics: big thrill seekers (Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Spiderman, etc) and....LITTLE KIDS (Dr. Seuss, Jurassic Park area). There's no real middle ground. Case in point, my wife doesn't like big roller coasters. Therefore our time at IOA consists largely of me waiting in line alone and her shopping around.

The staff comes off as rude, at least those we seem to encounter. I'm not looking for someone to wipe my butt for me, but no one makes eye contact or thanks you.

And are we the only ones not thrilled with the layout of Universal itself? The parking lot is like walking through Atlanta Hartsfield / Heathrow / Frankfurt / O'Hare airport. Once you're done with that, you have to go to the far end of Citywalk to get into the park. At this point, you just want to get on some friggin rides, so maybe you're more inclined to turn right and go to the "Studios" instead.

kcnole

I have been to Universal 6 times in the past year and a half. I've only had problems once, and that had to do with the mass of crowds at Mardi Gras and the bad planning for emergency services in case someone was hurt due to those crowds (as my wife was.) Overall I've found all of the staff to be just as friendly and helpful as Disney. Occasionally Uni cuts costs and doesn't have the number of people manning rides as they should, but the staff are always as helpful as they're able to be under those situations.

MSTCrow

Thanks for asking, Pumba. We have passes because we live in the area and got a fantastic deal on them. Plus it's nice to have an alternative when Disney gets over-run. We love the Universal side. IOA is a different story. I'll just brush off your attitude comment as snide ignorance.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Thanks for asking, Pumba. We have passes because we live in the area and got a fantastic deal on them. Plus it's nice to have an alternative when Disney gets over-run. We love the Universal side. IOA is a different story. I'll just brush off your attitude comment as snide ignorance.

Do what you like, I wont be loosing any sleep. You're the one that's paid money for something you claim to hate.

cmatt

if i lived near universal - i would most likely have a pass and would certainly not moan about it...

You should glad that you can as often as you like....!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom