Why does Mission: SPACE use Launch Tickets?

NiGHTSintoMemes

Original Poster
After yoinking a discarded one I found in the queue for myself as a neat collectible as revenge for the operators continuing to operate the ride despite it having issues all morning and cancelling my mission while I was literally right outside of the ride, I couldn't help but wonder; why? Why is this the one WDW experience (to my knowledge) that uses these reusable plastic tickets? I mean, sure it's got important safety info plastered all over it, which is likely in response to the many, many, MANY incidents associated with it (it's first victim being Horizons), but there's safety info all over the queue, not to mention you're verbally warned by the castmember who hands you your ticket, AND Green Team gets tickets as well, so what gives?

Minnie Mum

Yeah, what Chef Mickey said. Mission Space is the only ride at WDW, IIRC, that comes with 2versions of differing degrees of ride risk. And the risks associated with the Orange side can be catastrophic for some guests. The launch tickets are an added measure of caution, so the loading CMS can be sure they direct the guests to the correct platform.

SuperStretccch

Flight of Passage also started using similar cards a while ago. Not sure if they're still in use, though, because I don't remember getting one the last time I went.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom