Why does Google, Amazon and Apple not sponsor any attractions?

ureich11

Original Poster
If been on these forums for years but never up to now did I have the urge to actually post something. Lately though I've been wondering and since I couldn't find anythin on the internet I thought I'd post the question here:

Why does Google, Amazon and Apple not sponsor any attractions?

I mean, wouldn't it make sense for Apple? Didn't they end up with a lot of Disney shares when Pixar was bought (ok maybe only Steve Jobs)? And they sure do have enough money. Or did Siemens make sure that they could not come into Epcot when they started sponsoring SE?

Maybe it's just because I'm a Disney geek and it'S not my money but it would be a perfect fit if Google had a pavillion in Epcot.

Wonder what you guys think

Zman-ks

I have actually wondered the same thing...
75.gif

StarWarsGirl

I think if one of them were to come, it would be Apple since Disney favors Apple. Having owned an iTouch and Android, this has become apparent. I really don't know why they don't except HP still sponsors Mission: Space and they may have dibs.

ddrongowski

We have a bingo!

Sponsoring an attraction is just another form of advertising. Companies are going to go with what gives them the most bang for their buck. Full size attractions at WDW don't exactly provide the best advertising ROI for Google, Amazon and Apple.
Nope they just hate Disney....;)

donsullivan

Premium Member
Apple was actually one of the original partners in Innoventions back when it first opened in the mid 90's. They were located in the same area currently occupied by StormStruck. Nowadays they get more people into their stores each day than they would possible get in incremental exposure by sponsoring a pavilion.

MY_NAME_STITCH

internet advertising is much cheaper and you reach more people.

We have a winner!!!! Advertising is a bang for the buck expense and the less you have to put out the better. If Disney sponsorship was cheaper and more effective than internet ads you would have to beat them away with sticks whether they hate Disney or not.

EOD K9

I also think its a deal breaker depending on who else wants to sponsor an attraction. Kodak used to have the market share in the parks. Fuji film wanted to sponsor a ride in Japan in WS. Because they are competitors, Kodak may have said nuh-uh. So, if Apple came in to sponsor something, part of their contract may be that their competitors are forbidden from sponsoring anything. If they do, then they have a clause which would let Apple out if Google comes in.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Apple is like a cult. Do it our way or you cant do it! Disney already has their own cult. They should probly avoid Google with all the spying scandals going on (nsa). Amazon is known for being quite ruthless when working with other companies. They should do something innovative and have an attraction sponsored by everyday people like us. They already have our money. Build a new attraction and have a nice pretty sign telling it is sponsored by "YOU" Yay for us!

Epicpilot

Apple is like a cult. Do it our way or you cant do it! Disney already has their own cult. They should probly avoid Google with all the spying scandals going on (nsa). Amazon is known for being quite ruthless when working with other companies. They should do something innovative and have an attraction sponsored by everyday people like us. They already have our money. Build a new attraction and have a nice pretty sign telling it is sponsored by "YOU" Yay for us!
1. The google was a court order, so keep this whole NSA thing out of this. 2. That is true with Amazon, Amazon tends to be very demanding when sponsoring something and will bully the thing they are sponsoring. And Disney is known for not taking orders and will simply kick Amazon out shortly after they would sponsor something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom