Why does Disney no longer PLUS attractions?

Florida Man

Original Poster
As the title reads, I remember going to the parks as a kid, and Disney used to PLUS current attractions—for example, they plussed the Haunted Mansion by adding the “feet step” projections walking on the stairs and adding the digital projections of the hitchhiking ghosts at the end. They also plussed Tower of Terror by adding random drop sequences.

I feel like they don’t do that as much anymore. Sure, we got the hatbox ghost, but not much more other than that.

I think it would go A LONG way to plus each attraction every so often. Add something new, or update the technology. That keeps the attraction fresh and new, even tho it might be old.

DisneyFanatic12

They “plus” attractions quite a bit still! I think the most obvious answer is Star Tours (with its new scenes they add), but there’s other examples as well. Explosions on the Jungle Cruise, as well as the whole rework, is another example. I’m sure other members can add many examples of Disney plussing attractions within the last decade too.

Vinnie Mac

They still do. It's sporadic but they definitely still do. More recently shows have been plussed (Fantasmic 2.0 which is a BIG upgrade over the original, HEA having main street USA projections, Fantasy in the Sky getting laser updates, etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom