Why are some many rides down at Disney today?

Tiki Traveler

Original Poster
Hi! I’m at home using the Tip Board to explain Genie+ to a friend and here are the rides temporarily down:

MK
Astro Orbiter
Barnstormer
BTM
Dumbo
Jungle Cruise
Riverboat
Magic Carpets
7DMT
Swiss Family Treehouse
Tom Sawyer Island
Speedway

Epcot
Test Track

HS
SDD

AK
Everest
Gorilla Falls
Kali River Rapids
Maharajah Jungle Trek
TriceraTops Spin

Is Disney just extremely short staffed?

After this this list of temporary closures friend was not impressed w/Disney. :(

Does anyone in the parks today (or the past few days) have any info?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi! I’m at home using the Tip Board to explain Genie+ to a friend and here are the rides temporarily down:

MK
Astro Orbiter
Barnstormer
BTM
Dumbo
Jungle Cruise
Riverboat
Magic Carpets
7DMT
Swiss Family Treehouse
Tom Sawyer Island
Speedway

Epcot
Test Track

HS
SDD

AK
Everest
Gorilla Falls
Kali River Rapids
Maharajah Jungle Trek
TriceraTops Spin

Is Disney just extremely short staffed?

After this this list of temporary closures friend was not impressed w/Disney. :(

Does anyone in the parks today (or the past few days) have any info?
It is weather. Lightning storms in the area. For safety purposes all outdoor rides have to temporarily close. They will reopen when weather clears.

1685741208232.png

WorldExplorer

If lightning is nearby do they actually go in and evacuate everyone off Tom Sawyer Island? I presume they don't just close the boats and leave people there?

Fido Chuckwagon

If lightning is nearby do they actually go in and evacuate everyone off Tom Sawyer Island? I presume they don't just close the boats and leave people there?
Is there a tunnel to the utilidors that runs to the island? I assume that could be used in a real emergency. Most thunderstorms pass quickly, so I don’t see that they’d need to “evacuate” the island for every random thunderstorm.

Florida Man

Is there a tunnel to the utilidors that runs to the island? I assume that could be used in a real emergency. Most thunderstorms pass quickly, so I don’t see that they’d need to “evacuate” the island for every random thunderstorm.
No tunnel, and yes usually evac’d. But radar is watched ahead of time and island is Eva’s accordingly.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They had 3 per park down most of the long weekend last week

Like in each park

Only DAK seemed to be holding together
I have to admit, I thought Disney was bad about this, and then I visited Sea World yesterday. What a completely inefficient theme park. Load and unload times were outrageous at most coasters and some of the employees just mope around and act like they hate life. Stuck on more than 1 coaster. No one said anything while we roasted in the heat. Just so badly managed at some of their large coasters I couldn’t believe it. Rides running with empty seats everywhere because it’s a free for all.

From the moment we tried to enter the park with the inefficiencies at parking booth lanes to using quick queue and half the workers never even scanning it or looking close at it, to then seeing the complete idiocy of ride load/unload sequences and how weird some of their ride vehicles are (ice breaker, hard for kids to even enter and exit who in the hell designed something like that?!) it was just a bad day.

Sea World “could” honestly be so much better. I take back all things bad I say about disney now…ok maybe not everything lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom