Who's Been in February Before?

doc_holiday3500

My wife is starting a new job which we will have alot more freedom in terms of holiday time so we have decided to plan a trip to Disney World probably in February. I went to the "Mouse Savers" website ad they list the first half of Feb 06 as value season. Any input of what WDW is like in February would be greatly appreciated, we went last Sept and loved the quieter crowds but were still able to enjoy the warm weather. I've read average tempatures etc. but it's still nice to hear from someone who's been there.

Thanks for all the info.

Mystic

My mom and I went in Feb of 03. We were there over the first 2 weeks of the month. Unfortunately we happened to be there when the winter had been colder than normal for that time of year. It didn't daunt our spirits at all. We still went out to all the parks, even when it was pouring rain the day we hit EPCOT. We just made sure we dressed for the weather. We also skipped the ice cream in exchange for hot popcorn and warm cookies. :slurp: My 1 piece of advice would be to pack clothing for all types of weather. We were there in late november last year and it was 85 and sunny everyday whereas when we went early november in 01 it was about 75 and partly cloudy most days. If you pack for any weather you're guaranteed a good time. :)

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

We go in February every year. It's the month of our anniversary. It's a great time to go as long as you don't plan it the week of February break in New England. We were there for two weeks this time from the 7-21 and it was not very crowded at the beginning. The weather was a little chilly some mornings but we've been in April when it's been cold. Pack for every type of weather. There are shorter park hours, though so plan, plan, plan. Have fun!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We used to go in February all the time till the kids got older & couldn't miss school. The weather is nice, cooler than Florida summers, but a lot warmer than NY winters. I have been out in shorts during the day and long pants & jackets in the evening. We were there one year when it was 27 degrees, thankfully we had our winter coats in the car.

The parks have shorter hours, but its less crowded so you spend less time on lines and can still get everything done.

I would not hesitate to head down at that time of year. :wave:

Upvote 0
I've been in Feb a few times. Weather wise like all the others expect a little bit of everything especially if you are there for longer than a few days. Crowds wise it's better to go b4 the President's weekend. Check out www.varsity.com. Theres Cheerleading Championships throughout Jan/Feb. They tend to stay at All Stars/Pop/Caribbean Beach. The parks can get a little more congested...you may also want to schedule around them as well....

Upvote 0

MissM

I think it was last year (2004) that we went in Feb and it was cold. Holy crap! It was around 40 once the sun went down. February is one of those months here that can get downright brrrr without expecting it. It's a good time to go though because crowds are super low. Just be prepared that it might get way colder then you think.
-m

Upvote 0

tigsmom

MissM said:
I think it was last year (2004) that we went in Feb and it was cold. Holy crap! It was around 40 once the sun went down. February is one of those months here that can get downright brrrr without expecting it. It's a good time to go though because crowds are super low. Just be prepared that it might get way colder then you think.
-m

40 cold? Thats shorts weather to us northerners. :lol:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I personally think February is the best month to visit! You don't have the spring break crowd and the holiday crowd is still home paying off their trip!

Like others have said, the weather can be up and down, so plan on that.

I would rather hit the parks in February than any other month. The crowds are hardly there and even on the weekends it's not that bad.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

WDWCP

The best part about going in Feb (while still avoiding President's Weekend) is that the crowds are smaller. Park hours are shorter, but with the smaller crowds, you don't spend all your time waiting in lines and you get a lot more done for your time. Combine that with the cooler weather and you aren't nearly so tired at the end of the day. You might actually have the energy to hit Pleasure Island or whatever... You can easily get lots of rest and still be there at the opening minute of each park in the morning!

Upvote 0

MissM

tigsmom said:
40 cold? Thats shorts weather to us northerners. :lol:
When your feels-like temp is around 100F with 90+% humidity for about eight months out of the year, yeah, 40 is freezing! :) Heck, when it gets anywhere near the freezing point, we get massive frost warnings like crazy.
-m

Upvote 0

Sloan

great time of year

I find that to be a wonderful time of year to vist. Not so hot and steamy like the summer, and not too crowded either. Highs average about 75, and lows average just over 50 - beautiful!

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

While I liked February this year, I just have to echo everyone's comments on here about being prepared for any kind of weather. During the EMH night at Epcot, it was drizzling and DH and I could see our breath, which was CRAZY! I hadn't packed nearly enough cold weather stuff, and so I froze, which was no fun... but by the next day, there wasn't a colud in the sky and it was about 80 degrees, so go figure!

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

MissM said:
When your feels-like temp is around 100F with 90+% humidity for about eight months out of the year, yeah, 40 is freezing! :) Heck, when it gets anywhere near the freezing point, we get massive frost warnings like crazy.
-m

I can't wait until we move in a few years and it's just frost warnings instead of blizzards! The only blizzard I want to see is Blizzard Beach!! :lol: I'll trade you a week in Florida for a week in Rhode Island anytime you want.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I've been in February tons of times. The weather is crazy. It will be unbearably hot one day and freezing cold the next.

The crowds are not as light as September, but still light.

Upvote 0

joannas

yippee - we're off again in February and have chosen it for (hopefully) diminished crowds, low season prices and all we're worried about is whether it will be too cold for the water parks ... sounds as though we may be ok for at least 1 or 2 days in the water parks if we pick our day carefully.

Upvote 0

Brent

I went this past feb. w/ my parents. Feb. is a great time to go. The lines are dencently short & the crowds are not that bad. Either the first week of feb or jan is a great time to go.

Upvote 0

Christina

I went in February of this year, and I had a fantastic time! I thought the weather was nice... not TOO warm, but not TOO cold. Granted, I'd just came from a city where the tempurature was minus 30 celcuis, so + 10 celcius was swimming weather for me. The crowds were super low, until after the superbowl... than it seemed EVERYONE went to WDW!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom