Who should replace Eisner?

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Not that I'm saying Eisner is definitely on his way out...But if he were, who do you think would be the best person to replace him? If you could choose anyone (anyone currently ALIVE that is), whom would you choose? Forget other commitments, contracts, etc and pretend that whomever you wanted would be available and willing to take the job. You'd probably want someone familiar with Disney's culture and commitment to quality. Someone with the power and influence to make things happen. Someone creative with a solid sense of business.

I would choose Jeffrey Katzenberg. For one thing, he's hungry and in touch with audiences and I think we'd see some exciting and innovative things. He's rapidly climbing up the list of most powerful people in entertainment so he'd probably build (and bring back) a team of talented individuals. He could bring in David Geffen to be his "Frank Wells". With the resources of the Walt Disney Company at his disposal, it would be cool to see what he could do.

darkpenguin19

Originally posted by llewdroc
I found this article this morning.

It is from a gossip column, so don't take it to seriously.

http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebgossip/pgsix/id/04_30_2003_2.html

Stupid choice... just like i thought when Disney bought ABC... "what does a theme park/animation company know about running a national television network" if terry was chosen it would be the opposite.. "what does a tv mogul who has led yahoo down the wrong path during his tenure know about a animation/theme park side of the company"

Jay Rasulo would be my choice.. and sell off the money losing ABC divisions.

dp19

CDS Disney

I don't but I hope who ever it is returns the Quality back to the Disney name. Concentrate more on what the have in the parks and not the expantion to other countries. Oh and Make the Animation department the best it can. I want to see the Disney names on more Oscars.

trekkie

It's obvious that Katzenburg was dead serious about putting WDA on top; and with Eisner gone, I think, Roy and the board would be smart in pursuing Jeffrey Katzenburg. To me, he seemed more passionate about the company than Eisner (As if Eisner ever seems passionate). And that's what Disney needs: somebody who is passionate and who knows how to get the job done. For years I have been saying this, that you can make millions while sticking to your principles; and while most people agree with me, there are those "Disney today is all dandelions & roses" people that don't agree; or rather won't accept it, because all the facts are there: ABC, why the majority of fans criticize DCA, the animated sequels and the almost pathetic reputation of WDP's live-action department.
All one has to do is lay & sort out the facts and use simple strategy (Such as why TDS is doing about 99x better than DCA; oh yeah, that's rocket science).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom