Who do you send race feedback to? (characters)

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I am not sure who I send feedback to about my specific issue....

I know most of you who reply on here are committed runners, who happen to be Disney fans.

Long story short my DW and I started running Disney over a decade ago because of the characters. As I have gotten more serious about running, and we have checked more and more characters off our list I have been less concerned with stopping for characters. Some years there are more some years less, we really only stop for the hard to find characters.

However when they announced the Dumbo Double Dare we flipped hoping Dumbo (whom we covet a photo with) would be there. Before you think we are wierd understand there are hundreds of people maybe thousands, who run the races just for the characters.

Anyways this year all the advertising flat out said "join Timothy and Dumbo" leading character fans to believe that the character (which is available, I know) would be out and meetable.

I know from our group of friends that there were several character fan runners who felt mislead.

Okay so who do you think I should send a letter to? Is this runDisney? or DL itself.

Texas84

I am not sure who I send feedback to about my specific issue....

I know most of you who reply on here are committed runners, who happen to be Disney fans.

Long story short my DW and I started running Disney over a decade ago because of the characters. As I have gotten more serious about running, and we have checked more and more characters off our list I have been less concerned with stopping for characters. Some years there are more some years less, we really only stop for the hard to find characters.

However when they announced the Dumbo Double Dare we flipped hoping Dumbo (whom we covet a photo with) would be there. Before you think we are wierd understand there are hundreds of people maybe thousands, who run the races just for the characters.

Anyways this year all the advertising flat out said "join Timothy and Dumbo" leading character fans to believe that the character (which is available, I know) would be out and meetable.

I know from our group of friends that there were several character fan runners who felt mislead.

Okay so who do you think I should send a letter to? Is this runDisney? or DL itself.

Probably DL, but why not both? :)

JillC LI

I am a committed Disney fan who happens to be a runner! ;-)

But seriously, I would write to both. However I wouldn't expect more than an apology for any inconvenience or disappointment. If you are hoping to get your money back, I wouldn't hold your breath (and I mean that in the kindest way possible but it's true).

dreamfinder

Think you would want to hit up both. DLR/WDW can only offer up the characters they have in the roster at any given time. But unless runDisney knows people want unique characters, they may settle for the basics just to make sure people are happy.

But as @JillC LI said, I'd be shocked if you get anything more than an apology hoping you still enjoyed the race, or perhaps a call where someone will listen to your concerns and make sure to pass them along.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I am a committed Disney fan who happens to be a runner! ;-)

But seriously, I would write to both. However I wouldn't expect more than an apology for any inconvenience or disappointment. If you are hoping to get your money back, I wouldn't hold your breath (and I mean that in the kindest way possible but it's true).

Oh no I would never expect a refund for this, I did not mean to imply that. I simply want them to follow through and be more intentional about what they advertise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom