Who am I

Larry Eckert

Original Poster
My name is Lawrence, but will answer to Larry.
I am in the process of deciding on what position that I have been offered. I have been offered the ferry/small boat, since the years serving in the US Coast Guard. If any of you have seen the movie the Perfect Storm. Well the cutter that was originally involved in the rescues, well just say that was the cutter that I was on some 20 years earlier, The USCGC Tamaroa.
When I got out of the coast guard I went to work again for Uncle Sam, at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York It took me 27 years to graduate from West Point, and it was well worth it. I was employed in the metal shop as the one of only 3 roofers for all of West Point and the surrounding camps.
I grew up in a little town called Montgomery, NY. But now live in a much smaller town called Slatington, PA. In Montgomery, if any one here has watched the tv reality show Orange County Choppers, that's were the show is from. My family and I just lived down the road from Sr. Sr. and I went to school together. So this is mostly how and where I tell people, when people ask were you're from.
My hobby's are, most of all the Marching Musical Art's, since I been involved one way or another,since 1968, as a musical performer, judge, instructor, writer/photographer, show coordinator.
2 years ago I was appointed to the position of Official Staff Photographer of the DCA, a senior drum and bugle association.
I have marched in such great groups as the Hawthorne Caballeros Field/Alumni Corps of Hawthorne , NJ, The Mid Hudson Valley of NY Criterions, just to name a few.
So I guess you can say I'm a old timer. Not that you are as old as you feel, and I feel some times as old as 39, like Jack would say.
The other job that I have been offered was a photo pass photographer. Both jobs are great, and I can excel within those jobs, however, which job should I take?

The one big road block that I have is my wife and our daughter will be staying up in PA as our Miss Elizabeth has 2 years left to graduate HS. So I'm looking for a someone who has a room for rent for a senior, who works as a CM as a room mate and I'm not that old, but you can say a wee bit older than 62.
I thank each and everyone of you who took the time to read such a long introduction.

Happy New Year, as Christmas is just about over.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom