Which week in December is best?

TikiBeckie

:wave: Hi everyone! I the week directly before Xmas less bus than the first 2 weeks in December? I noticed it is less expensive to go that week so I thought Id ask. Thanks in advance!

Jekyll

The first 2 week are perfect. No lines because thanksgiving crowds are gone and the christmas ones haven't arrived yet and everything is deck out for christmas.

-J

Upvote 0

napnet

First week by far. Went on Dec 3-6th and there was no one there! I rode Splash like 4 times without getting up and walked on to every ride.

Upvote 0

Jekyll

napnet said:
First week by far. Went on Dec 3-6th and there was no one there! I rode Splash like 4 times without getting up and walked on to every ride.

That's when I've gone It is the best! By the third week you get christmas crowds!

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

napnet said:
That is the PERFECT time to go to Walt Disney World. Nothing beats it!!! Depending on my sister and I's schedules with exams will be going in early December this year.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We got married the week of the 13th back in 2001, it was perfect, hardly any crowds, we left on the 20th, which was the last day for value season and all the Christmas crowds were coming in. This year we went Christmas Eve through the 28th and it was crazy busy. (We had a conference later that week down in another part of FL so couldn't go our anniversary week)

Upvote 0

gbruenin

There's also a good possibility that you can get to be part of the 'crowd' for taping the Christmas Parade if you're there that week. I believe the taping this year was 12/3 and 12/4. We missed it by 4 days.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Last year we went Dec 8-12 and the year before the week before Christmas. The week before Christmas was much busier than earlier in the month.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

It also depends when the Pop Warner kids are there too in the beginning of december (I would recommend avoiding those days if possible), but generally right up until the 20th of the month it is not very crowded at all.

Upvote 0

vilegirl

We went 3-10 Dec 2005 and it was great. We also went early in Dec in 2004 and again - great. :) Smaller crowds and all the decorations really do make it our favorite time to go. We already have our plans for this year.:lol:
Dec 8-16. With such a late Thanksgiving, we're going the second week rather than the first week.

Upvote 0

tink rules

I went from 12/2 to 12/12 this year. It was good. A bit more crowded than I had expected, but nothing like the holiday or summer crowds. Alot of people come for the Christmas decorations and the MCMCP and the Osborne lights and the Candlelight processional.

I would caution, though.... If the Pop Warner group is there at the same time, you will have lot of kids roaming around in groups. Depending on where you stayed, you either noticed them not much or were surrounded by them. They stay at the All Star resorts and this year they were at PO Riverside. I stayed at AS Music for the first 4 days of my trip and it was much more crowded the there than I had expected. The check in alone was out the door for hours. They were there from 12/4-12/11.

Otherwise, I think it's a good time to go. Bring warm clothes though, temps can range from the 80's to the 40's... I think we hit 38 one night.

Also... The MK was open until midnight on the Saturday nights... They showed 2 spectromagic and Wishes... but the parks were crowded, especially on the first weekend 12/3 and 12/4 when they filmed the Christmas parade.

Upvote 0

I luv WDW

Early December

The earlier the better in December. The crowds aren't bad, all the parks are decked out for Christmas and all the holiday activities (Very Merry Christmas Party, Candlelight Processional, etc.) are going on. Have fun!:xmas:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

:xmas: If you want high energy and immense crowds, then definately vacation anytime from 12/21--1/2. Seriously, even though the parks are jam packed, our favorite Disney family vacations are the Christmas thru New Years weeks. Got to outsmart the masses...ha ha.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom