Which water park for 5 and 3 year old?

Philly12

Original Poster
Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon????

Does one have more options for the little ones?

Thanks for any responses..

welovewdw

They are both great but I think Blizzard would be the best. They have a childrens area on the right side of the park where the kids have small slides, Fake icebergs to climb on, and a small zip line for the kids to go down. The only problem with typhoon would be the wave pool. That 6 foot wave they crank out every 90 seconds has some power! I would hate to see your kids get hurt if they weren't expecting it.

Hope it helps!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am assuming that your children can't swim or at least can't swim well yet and will need a life vest. Vests are free at both water parks. If they can swim a few other slides will open up to them as well.

I like TL for the little ones.IMHO at BB the only thing for the little ones do do is the kid area. At TL there are a several attractions that can be done with the little ones above and beyond the kiddie area. The shark reef now has rafts with a window that can be pulled behind an adult and the child can ride on top and get a "glass bottom boat" view of the reef. The river that runs around the park is another option for the kids and there is a "family" rafting ride that is also acceptable. The 6' waves in the wave pool are only a concern if you are in rater deep water. by the time the wave reaches the shallow end it is not much more than a 1' or 2' swell. TL also has a sand beach which my 4 year old loved.

Nemo14

Just a word of warning about the wave pool. When my son was little (2 ish) he loved the wave pool, but I had to stand at the shore lifting him up and down through the waves. After a while, my calves were absolutely killing me from the pounding they were taking from the waves! :(

gregburg

This is tough...

BB has a great kids area. Actually two areas. The first is for kid's around 5 and under (IMO). The other is for kids 5 to 11-12(?). Very well themed. The only negative for me is that BB I find to be much busier than TL.

TL has a really good area for your age kids. The other plus is the wave pool and beach. While you wouldn't want your kids out in the deep part of the wave pool, the shallow area and the sandy beach are great. Last, I think that you will find that TL is a little more relaxed than BB is. Also, I think that TL is easier to find your way around than BB.

Overall we go to both (kids were 6, 9, and 11) on the last trip. Our six year old skipped the little kids area at BB.

Hope this helps,
Greg

GrowingUpDisney

I have a 2 1/2 year old that we took to TL last October. He really enjoyed the Kids area. He is taller that an average 2 1/2 year old and was actually tall enough to ride some of the other slides, but because we can't swim and would have to down by himself, we chose not to let him.

We are going back to Orlando in 1 week and have decided after alot of web searching that we are going to try Wet -N - Wild. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE DISNEY!!!, but I have a very adventerous 3 year old who wants to ride the "big people" slides. Wet - N - Wild has appx 7 slides that he can ride either with me or DH.

Because of this, I feel that he will have a much better time and actually be able to do more that just the Kid area. If your 3 & 5 year old are adventerous and wants to ride the "Big People" slides, but you don't want them going to alone, Wet - N - Wild may be for you.

Niki

Ringo8n24

While your little one is playing in the kiddie area at the water park, are there any lounge chairs or tables for parents to sit at to keep an eye on them? Where do the parents step back and let the kids play, but still supervise?

GrowingUpDisney

There are lounge chairs all around the TL Kids area. (I am unsure of BB since we haven't been there with a child.)

However, we would not let our 2 year old run around alone. We actually followed him around. He can't swim and the water is a little deep (for him) in some places. Also, there is more that one way in and out. You never know where he may wander.

If your kids are older 5 to 6 and up, they will be OK becuase they understand not to wander too far away, but if they are younger, I would keep a very close eye on them. There are usually lots of people in that area.

Ringo8n24

I was assuming the kiddie area would consist of a pool similar to the size of her plastic one we have from WalMart. With other kids in it, too, I figured an adult needs a place to keep an eye on the child without getting in the way of their fun. I could never be comfortable walking away too far. I hate water and I live on the Gulf :hammer: , but I do not want her to be afraid of water...just respect it and have fun. I do not want her to pick up on my phobia. :animwink: BTW, she is 4 yrs old.

GrowingUpDisney

The kids area is quite large and had a few water slides and water all over the place. I will see if I can figure out how to post some of our pictures here.

Ok - Here are some pictures:

2137548026443fc5c898ebc.jpg

962956690443fc5ea461ff.jpg

314900649443fc5fe06a1b.jpg

As you can see, in some cases there are trees and such blocking the view from the chairs.

Ringo8n24

Thanks. Those pics help me get an idea of how much room there is. I have never taken a child to the water parks. We have only gone as a group of adults and I never even went to the kids area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom