Which Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is better?

gage

Original Poster
:veryconfu I have been on both towers, And I think that the over all drop sequence at florida is more exiting becuase it is random. But the visual effects in californias is better, like the mirror effect and when the ghosts drop in the elevator right before you drop. I am sure you have had these discussions before and I apoligize if you have, I am new here. I also think that the boiler room in california is way better and more creepy. On the other hand the california version is lacking on the whole old music in the courtyard that florida has. Just would like to here what you guys have to say about which one you think is better and your ride experience, thanks.

GenerationX

I really like the mirror effect at DCA, but I find the Florida version superior because of the section of the ride where you move into the drop shaft. That really surprised me the first time I rode it.

TarzanRocked99-

Florida no question I was very dissapointed in the DCA version, ecspecially when you have to cross the exit hallway to get on the elevator, and you get back off right where you started.

CThaddeus

TarzanRocked99- said:
Florida no question I was very dissapointed in the DCA version, ecspecially when you have to cross the exit hallway to get on the elevator, and you get back off right where you started.

I agree 100%, in addition to what GenerationX said as well about the 5th dimension portion. Overall, California Adventure's version is just lame. I'm not a big fan of the one in Orlando, either (I just don't think it's that great of an attraction...too much hype for so short a ride), but it is vastly superior to California's. I live 11 miles from Disneyland - and visit the Parks almost every week - yet I NEVER have the urge to ride it (I have done it three times since it opened, but that was during its first month and only because I wanted to see if maybe I missed something). Meanwhile, when I go to Disney World next month, I will still go on it, if only to remind myself how the then-management of the Disneyland Resort decided to go the cheapskate route and cut out the all-too-few good parts.
Oh, there is one other thing I prefer about the Disney-MGM Studios version - every time I've been there it had a minimal line. There was no 45 minute wait in the boiler room to board the elevator. Granted, California Adventure's is still new, but even on dead days that boiler room wait seems to take a lifetime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom