Which tickets to buy

Anne

Original Poster
Hi- we're going back to Orlando in December for 3 weeks and didn't do Universal or Seaworld last time.

Any advise on which tickets to buy for Universal?? Should we get the Power Pass with blackout dates or the 5 consecutive day pass which is on offer for the price of a 2 day pass.

Youngest daughter(11) and husband are into coasters, but eldest daughter(13) and myself are not so sure - though we did enjoy RnRC.

And I have managed to do "the big one" at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Is 5 consecutive days at Universal too much??

Thanks

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Anne
And I have managed to do "the big one" at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Is 5 consecutive days at Universal too much??

Thanks
If you can do RNR at WDW and The Big One at Blackpool then you should easily cope with all rides in Orlando.
5 consecutive days is way too much for Universal - I would suggest three days max - 1 at USF and 2 at IOA.

spinsurgeon

Don't forget that if you are thinking of doing Seaworld, Busch Gardens (great for coasters & a fantastic area for smaller children) and Wet n Wild, in addition to Universal and IOA, a pass is available for all of them. I think it's only available before you leave the UK so don't wait too long.

Anne

Original Poster
Thanks guys:D

Ended up buying the 5 day pass, as there is a buy 4 tickets and get 5 tickets offer on the universal site. Have already managed to sell the spare one-lol.

Think if we use 3 days, we are still quids in.

RogueHabit

Are they stopping the 3 day/2 park hopper ticket. It looks like its still available on the gate, but not from the USF webshop.

galaxy

we are going for 3 weeks also (from Scotland) and have just purchased annual passes for our party of 4 adults and 3 kids. one of those passes is a full pass which gives us free parking and discounts on food and merchandise at the parks and city walk.(7 days parking and a couple of meals and the extra for the ticket is acccounted for) The main reason we opted for this was that it gave us total flexibilty, we can visit for a little or as long as we wish whenever, without worrying about wasting a day on our flex ticket, plus by purchasing an annual pass and a busch garden/seaworld combo ticket, we are not actually spending anymore than we would for the 5 park flex..but have the option of extra visits when we want!!:)

Anne

Original Poster
Sounds great Galaxy:)

Are you getting the Fun Card ticket for SW/Busch - think its the same as a daily ticket- but gives unlimited admission.

We're probably getting this.

galaxy

Anne,

We haven't bought our passes for SW/Busch yet, but were planning on getting a combo ticket. Where can we buy the pass you mentioned, it sounds ideal as DS 10 will surely want to visit Busch at least twice( well he says he's brave enough for their coasters but we'll wait and see, I think the closer he gets to them, he might change his mind:lol).

Anne

Original Poster
Hi Galaxy - the link is here

Not convinced that I'm going to brave enough to try all the big coasters, once I see them -LOL

Lilo

We're staying on-site and got the Flex package which is good for SW, IOA, US and Wet'nWild. Its unlimited. We'll be there from June 27 through July 2. It has loads of features. Check out their website.

galaxy

Lilo

The 5 park flex ticket is a good deal, but it runs out after 14 days from first use.... we will be there for 3 weeks and I know my 10 yr old and 4 yr old boys will want to all those rides(espec spidey) after our ticket runs out, so we went for annual passes and the fun pass that Anne suggested. These along with the fun in the sun pass gives us unlimited access to all the parks.

Thats us got all our tickets now:sohappy:

Just gotta worry about paying the credit card bill when it comes:eek:

Lilo

Sounds good. As we only can go for six days at any given time because of our jobs the flex seemed like a good deal. Have a great time.

Best values ~
4 park Orlando Flex Ticket~
Universal Studios,Islands of Adventure,Wet n' Wild and Sea World

5 park Orlando Flex Ticket~
Universal Studios,Isands of Adventure,Wet n' Wild,Sea World and Busch Gardens(Free roundtrip Bus Ticket from Orlando to Tampa)

Busch Gardens OR Sea World Fun Card~
Same Price as a one day addmisson to and you get your choice of ONE PARK. There is a combo avail for a lil less then both parks at a one day price.
*Side note if you get a Fun Card and have a wee lil one under 10.
As in ages 3-9 buy a normal pass for them. You will still get the free parking and discounts for the whole family. The Fun Card you do have to pay for parking and when there is in park discounts for the Fun Card its is VERY limited.

I also do belive that if you go to the Universal Web site they are normally running package deals with tickets and sometimes annual passes thrown in.

Phone number for Busch Gardens/Sea World/Adventure Island
1 888 800 5447.
They can also tell you of hotels in the area of Orlando or Tampa that have package deals.

Juggler

I'm in the middle of setting up a business selling tickets and I think it depends on what else you want to do....

As much as I love Universal 5 days is way too long.

The 4 Park Orlando Flex Ticket is a great option is you want to visit SeaWorld and Wet 'n' Wild too or the 5 park which includes Busch Gardens. 14 Day unlimited access!

Or if you wanted 2 or 3 days in Universal and 2 days in SeaWorld then I would buy a 3 day Universal pass and go online for the SeaWorld pass. On www.seaworld.com they are offering an E-Ticket that you print at home for $46 which is 10% off and you get the second day free. That would work out cheaper than the flex ticket.

You really need to sit down and work out what else you want to see and do.

Xmas in Orlando is great! Good luck with your plans and have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom