which resort?

tinks

My trip is still a long time away but i cant help but planning. We visited last august, right when hurricane katrina hit. We stayed at the carribean beach resort. We really liked it, but this time we want to try another resort. I'm looking at port orleans riverside- any info on this resort? and another is either wilderness lodge or fort wilderness- are they the same thing? we went to the one hoop de doo was at and my husband loved the country feeling it had to it. so what do you all think about these? thanks for all your help! This site is great!:sohappy:

tigsmom

Haven't stayed at the CBR or Port Orleans, but have stayed almost 10 times at the Wilderness Lodge which IS NOT the same as the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.

The WL is a beautiful Pacific Northwest style lodge, the very atmosphere makes you relax and slow down. They have just undergone a refurb (haven't been there to see it yet) and have 2 very nice restaurants...Artist Point and the Whispering Canyon Cafe as well as the Roarin Forks snackbar.

Fort Wilderness has campsites for tents and trailers as well as some nice cabins for families. We have been to the Hoop De Do a few times and its always a great evening. There is quite a bit to do there for the kids, as well as the adults. The Trail's End Buffet is a nice choice and there is also Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Follow the links below for specifics. :wave:

Wilderness Lodge

Fort Wilderness

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

My trip is still a long time away but i cant help but planning. We visited last august, right when hurricane katrina hit. We stayed at the carribean beach resort. We really liked it, but this time we want to try another resort. I'm looking at port orleans riverside- any info on this resort? and another is either wilderness lodge or fort wilderness- are they the same thing? we went to the one hoop de doo was at and my husband loved the country feeling it had to it. so what do you all think about these? thanks for all your help! This site is great!:sohappy:

To me Carribean Beach and Port Orleans are very similar - The feel and theme are differrent but they are very similar resorts. I have never been to Ft. Wilderness. The wilderness Lodge is awesome and is my second favorite place to stay - Beach Club is my Favorite.

Upvote 0
Been There, done that...

The last time we went to WDW we stayed at the CBR and loved it...we swore we would always stay there until we began planning our latest trip this comming January. I booked us into the Wilderness lodge because my daughter's boyfriend will be doing a 6 month internship at Artist Point. Every person I've spoken to since I booked has told me how much we are going to love it. I'm really starting to get hyped up now and can't wait to go. I guess the Vacation Club will be our next stop...we are now seriously considering it. For what I've paid every other year or so to visit the world, and what our future plans are, it makes sense. Anyway, no matter what you decide I'm sure you'll be happy...it's WALT DISNEY WORLD.:king:

Upvote 0

coltow

Wilderness Lodge is our favorite! It's very relaxing and everything seems to slow down the minute you walk in the doors. Price wise it's on the cheaper side of the other deluxes. And not that much more than the moderates. I was just there in July and we had one of the remodeled rooms and it was amazing. I think I need to go look through all my pictures now (having withdrawal).

We have only ever had 1 bad experience at a Disney resort (Yacht Club) so any resort you choose I'm sure you'll be happy with.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

I love the themeing around Carribbean Beach and I agree that PO is very similar. PO French Quarter is nice because it is smaller and has a very 'homey' feel to it. I also love the boat ride you can take to downtown Disney. Fort Wilderness is a campground for tents and trailers and tehy have some cabins. It is very 'campy' and it is a nice way to 'escape' from all the overload at the parks. The campfire sing a long & movie is great fun for kids. The cabins are nice but do not have any storage space for clothing. They also have full kitchens which is nice if you wnat to save a little money on food. We have never stayed at Wilderness lodge but it is beautiful from the outside and I have heard great reviews on it. Maybe someday!! As much as PO is our favorite resort, it is still fun to try out the others!

Upvote 0

rlaeromech

I went in August and stayed at POR. It was VERY Nice. I think WL is in a higher price range but I have heard nothing but great things out of it. The boat ride to DTD is really nice! I have not stayed at POFQ either but here that some people like it better than POR. My cousin has stayed at both the CR and POR and he says he really likes POR. There is no "too early to start planning" in my book!!!!! It may drive you crazy waiting for it though, I am going in October and it is killing me!!!

Upvote 0

Lucky

We also liked CB, but wanted to try something different this time. We stayed at POFQ, and liked it as well as CB. It's smaller, as another poster said. We walked around POR, which is very similar in size, layout and amenities to CB, but with different theming. If your husband liked the "country feeling" of hoop de doo he might like POR. It's a southern rural sort of "country" feel rather than the western feel of Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness. But certainly more country than CB or POFQ.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Our favorite is WL. We love the Pacific Northwoods theming. We haven't been since the room renovations, but are looking forward to our next trip over spring break. We really enjoy the boat ride to the MK and at the end of a long day in the MK the ride back can be so relaxing.

Upvote 0

dhcalva

I'm partial to the Animal Kingdom Lodge myself. Stayed there the last too trips, and again this trip!

It's a far cry from the days when going to Disney meant staying at the Howard Johnson's or Grosvenor back when DTD was the Disney Shopping Village.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom