Which Resort???

paperboy

My Husband, paperboy, is driving me NUTTY!!! We decided to stay at the AKL through the Fairytale Package in October. We are booked in the Savannah Room and have two children ages 2 and 1. He can't decide between the Beach or Yacht club resorts or leaving the reservations as they stand. Please leave him some good advice so he can let me sleep at night. Thanks for your halpful advice...

Paperboy's exhausted wife:p

PS. We are planning to spend most of our time in Magic Kingdom!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They are all great resorts and you would not be dissapointed with any of them!

However, if you are planning on being in the MK most of the time, have you thought of a monorail resort such as the Grand Floridian? That would get you to the MK in style, and you would be just a stone throw away from the Magic Kingdon. :)

Upvote 0

goaler

If I were going to WDW with two toddlers and were "planning to spend most of our time in Magic Kingdom", I would definately stay in one of the MK resorts. The monorail or boat from the resort to the MK is the only way to travel. You're not going to enjoy a long bus ride with 2 exhausted mouseketeers :cry:

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

We have stayed at the Beach Club and loved it, but I believe it is more adult oriented. If you could afford one of the MK resorts, that is where I would stay.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Mary Ellen
We have stayed at the Beach Club and loved it, but I believe it is more adult oriented. If you could afford one of the MK resorts, that is where I would stay.

Given that you have kids, either go with the Polynesian or stick with Animal Kingdom Lodge. Both have incredible theming and kids love em--my personal favorite is AKL, but given your personal needs, my top pick would be Poly.

Upvote 0

paperboy

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the tips, all! I called Disney Club reservations to find out if Poly is available 10/1 thru 10/8. It turns out they only have Lagoon view, which is a little more than I wanted to pay. They are all out of Garden which I would have switched my reservation to thanks to all of your input. I guess I'm just gonna have to keep asking for availability, hoping someone else canceled their reservation!

Contemporary is available, but I hesitate to stay there. I looked at the pictures and get the impression that it is not as "magical" as Poly or AKL. On this trip will be my in-laws who are there for the first time. I want to give them the most magical experience possible (we stuck them in CBR!)

GF is also available, but, again, only Lagoon.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to stay in a Lagoon view room, but it will be at the expense of eating.

Thanks again!

--The REAL paperboy :wave:

Upvote 0

dakid343

Banned
GO WITH THE CONTEMPORARY

The contemporary is the BEST RESORT AT DISNEY. The atmosphere is great! there are great stores and restaurants thruout the resort. Chef mickeys is great, kids would love that place. Also its nice when you step out of your room and hear the charcaters singin and dancing at chef mickeys. Another great thing is that the monorail is right inside the building. You walk out of the room, and its right there.It Takes about 1 minute 2 get to the monorail from your room,its great! Overall i think you would have more fun there. It also has a great pool.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Re: GO WITH THE CONTEMPORARY

Originally posted by dakid343
The contemporary is the BEST RESORT AT DISNEY. The atmosphere is great! there are great stores and restaurants thruout the resort. Chef mickeys is great, kids would love that place. Also its nice when you step out of your room and hear the charcaters singin and dancing at chef mickeys. Another great thing is that the monorail is right inside the building. You walk out of the room, and its right there.It Takes about 1 minute 2 get to the monorail from your room,its great! Overall i think you would have more fun there. It also has a great pool.

Not sure I'd go with something a banned member says... Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge have probably the best theming on property...you will not be sorry if you go to Animal Kingdom Lodge, but keep aiming for Poly...personally, I don't think kids would enjoy Grand Floridian, it's always seemed a bit TOO elegant for me, and Contemporary...I dunno, I'm in the group that has always thought it's a bit dull looking; out of date, maybe, and I know people swear by it, but I think your family will be much happier with either Poly or Animal Kingdom Lodge:D

Upvote 0

paperboy

Original Poster
Re: Re: GO WITH THE CONTEMPORARY

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Not sure I'd go with something a banned member says... Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge have probably the best theming on property...you will not be sorry if you go to Animal Kingdom Lodge, but keep aiming for Poly...personally, I don't think kids would enjoy Grand Floridian, it's always seemed a bit TOO elegant for me, and Contemporary...I dunno, I'm in the group that has always thought it's a bit dull looking; out of date, maybe, and I know people swear by it, but I think your family will be much happier with either Poly or Animal Kingdom Lodge:D

LOL! Well, banned or not, it did get me thinking. You really can't beat the proximity to the MK at CR. It seems to be one of those places that you either love or hate. I inquired with Disney Club, and they have standard rooms at CR still available, but are all out of Garden view. Tower is available but not an option. For the Tower rates, I may as well take the Lagoon at Polynesian.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to AKL and CR, with Poly being first choice should Garden view become available. I briefly considered WL but the transportation options to MK don't appeal to me. The thing is, we will be going to MNSSHP twice, so it would be nice to walk back to CR afterwards. But from what I gather, AKL is a FAR superior resort. I am MOST concerned about transportation, and AKL is the most remote resort in relation to the theme parks, particularly MK.

So it boils down to this: Does the CR's location outweigh the AKL's superiority?

I think I have decided to stay with AKL and keep trying for Poly. The bottom line is I need to get a life! This is dominating my every thought! :brick:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Re: Re: Re: GO WITH THE CONTEMPORARY

Originally posted by paperboy
I am MOST concerned about transportation, and AKL is the most remote resort in relation to the theme parks, particularly MK.

So it boils down to this: Does the CR's location outweigh the AKL's superiority?

I think you've made the right choice...AKL is a great place to stay.

Might I turn your attention to this thread...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21028

You'll find a disscution of the bus route times to and from the resorts and parks. Take note to Tylers (Fantasia Boi) second post, near the end of page 1. You'll see that AKL is really not that far away. And while it is further to MK, you see you're really only taking 2 min or so.

It's really a myth that AKL is in a galaxy far far away...when it is in fact just as close as all the other fun places to be in the world.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

paperboy

Original Poster
WE GOT IT!!!!

I just called Disney Club, and I was FINALLY ABLE TO BOOK POLY Garden View!!!!

Boy, it's been a nerve-wracking couple of days, but we were persistent and it finally paid off!

To make a long story short, we decided that AKL was too far and we just HAD to stay on a monorail resort, so we booked GF. We decided later it was too expensive, so I called again to book CR. Mind you, each time I called I asked for Poly and it was not available. I just called 10 minutes ago to change to CR Standard View, and this time it WAS AVAILABLE!!

So we're all set to go to Poly. Thank you all for your input!

Persistence really pays off!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom