which Resort you like better Cornado Springs or Caribbean Beach:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
trying to decide between these two resorts what do you like or dislike about them? Please let me know thanks so much.:shrug::shrug:

Antjeanne

We really liked Coronado last year. My 8 year old Daughter loved the pool. My wife loved the pepper market. the draw back was the last 2 days of our trip there was some radio guys get together and a ton of people checked in in a 2 day period. it got mobbed and the bus stops/ resturant every thing was crowded. it was the week before labor day.

As far as CBR, we are going on the 26th - Sept 2nd for the first time there. So im hoping it will be nice.
Good luck.
Ant

Epcot82Guy

Both resorts are sort of spread out, so you will have some walking, unfortunately, if you don't have a car.

Pros for CSR: Both are nice, but I think CSR's appearance wins overall, and I like the Dig Site more than CBR's pool. I also like the Pepper Market (it is not the usual food court) and Maya Grill. It also tends to be a bit quieter since it caters more to conventioners than families. The water views at CSR can be really nice, too.

If you are trying to squeeze into a room, CBR offers a few more sq. ft. I also have found bus service there is a bit faster for some reason (although that could have been timing on my part. Others may have a different perspective). Also, Parrot Cay is a neat touch. It does have a bit more energy (like the Values) if you have little ones.

Overall, I would say CSR, but that's from my perspective as a young adult. You should be good with either one. Are there any specific things you are looking for or have enjoyed at other resorts? That may help with people's suggestions.

DisneyDellsDude

CBR was always our favorite resort. We only go about once a year (sometimes longer than 1 year). It was the first resort we've been to in WDW, and it's really nice.

Just this past time (last Thanksgiving) we went to Coronado. We LOVED IT much more than Caribbean Beach!!! It's a bit smaller than CBR, but has kind of the same layout. Buildings ranging up to 2/4 stories around a lake. The themeing is excellent.
The food court is fantastic once you get used to it. It's not just regular hotdogs and stuff that you would find at the foodcourt in CBR.

But... the food is a bit more expensive. From what we experienced, the service was very nice at both resorts. (keep in mind we have'nt been to CBR since 2002.)

Both main pools at both hotels are very well themed.
CBR is very close to Epcot, which means it's about in the middle of the World, so Epcot drive is very short. Everywhere else is average.

Cornado is closer to AK, so AK is a fairly short drive, but getting to MK was a bit longer.

Again, both themes are very nice. CBR has that nice tropical caribbean theme, and Coronado has that nice Mayan type theme. We liked both.

Overall, I would say pick Coronado Springs. If you do pick Coronado try requesting where you would want your room to be because you may be walking a lot (especially at Caribbean Beach too). I know at Coronado, little golf carts circle the resort and they are there for you to hitch a ride to either your room or back to the lobby/restaurant/shop area.

Hope this helps.

FloridaJoshua

The Beach!

We have stayed at both resorts on multiple occasions. The Coronado Springs resort isn't a bad place, but we prefer the CBR for 2 reasons:
  1. We frequently grab quick meals at the food court. The Pepper Market at CS doesn't work for us. The quality of the food is what you would expect from a food court, but the price is higher (like a table service restaurant). There is a small quick service counter at CS, but it is VERY small.
  2. We prefer the Beach theme in Caribbean Beach Resort to the Southwest theme at CS. They are both very pretty resorts, but for us it just feels more relaxing spending time at the beach.
Besides these two differences, the resorts are quite similar. You'll find the same amenities in both places. We would stay as CS again, but only if CBR and Port Orleans Riverside are full.

stephdanielle

I stayed at Coronado for the first time this summer, after staying at Caribbean Beach for at least the past 7 or so times.

I was always a huge fan of CB, and still think it is probably my favourite resort that I have stayed at. When staying at Coronado we were in the Ranchos area, and found it to be rather far from the Pepper Market and check in area, so depending where you are in the resort it can be rather far to get to some things. However, we were close to a pool and bus stop, so can't complain too much.

We really enjoyed the foodcourt as it was nice to more food options, although it was a bit more expensive and can be confusing to figure out the system at first we found.

Personally, I prefer CB although it did tend to be a bit busier, I just preferred the atmosphere and found everything easier to get to and nothing seemed too far no matter where we were located. I did really enjoy Coronado, but CB will always be my favourite! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom