Which resort has the best pool bar?

durangojim

Original Poster
I'm kind of leaning between the Grand and the Poly (Trader Sam's doesn't count, even the terrace). I choose these two resorts because there's a bar at each of their pools and they have a decent selection of drinks. Even though there are servers I don't like the fact that you have to walk in an inconvenient way to get to the bar across Stormalong Bay and the quiet pools have no bars. What are your thoughts?

pvtim

My vote is the Poly ... Both the Volcano pool and the Oasis pool have pool bars and they have great staff and solid drinks. Pago Pago Painkiller is my go to, but have never gone wrong with either locale. Plus you have the option of picking up something from the Tiki Terrace after the pool bars close or on the way back to your room (I know you said it doesn't count - but most of the bars close at the fireworks, so late pool nights require appropriate planning).

KCheatle

I think the only pool bar I've ever ordered from is Poly's?? I don't think WL has one anymore because it was turned into a Spa (I think you have to go to Geyser Point now if you want a drink?) But, even before that, I don't recall more than once or twice getting a drink from that pool bar. Stormalong bay's bar seemed nice, but I never actually got out of the pool to get a drink. Contemporary's bar was always closed before we got to the pool, so I missed that one, too.

Because you aren't allowed to bring your drink in the pool, I usually end up deciding to just pass on the drink. If I could bring it in the pool and relax, I would drink a whole lot more...come to think of it...maybe that's why you can't... :p

MagicRat

Both pool bars at the Grand Floridian are great too. My vote is for the pool bar at Yacht and Beach Club. I am a boring Bud Light Draft drinker but the Frozen Roset is amazing. It is scary when you go over the years and see the same faces behind the bar as you did 20 years ago. There are very friendly bartenders at the Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, and Beach Club that I feel I have grown up with. They have no idea who I am, but year after year they are there and just as nice and friendly.

BoarderPhreak

The one at AKL Jambo House is pretty neat - it's called Uzima Springs Pool Bar.

uzima-springs-pool-bar-gallery00.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom