Which Polynesian building?

LoriL

We've booked rooms at the Polynesian (standard view, requested adjoining rooms). I am bringing my 2 year old son. Which buildings are:
1. Newly renovated
2. Close to beach/pool (are those close to each other??)
3. Close to monorail? Or if we are near the beach, can we take the launch just as easily?

What are the best options?? HELP! Thanks.

Al

I was also wondering, what things were revamped? because it says in my brochure that it has been refurbished (not that actual work, but something similar! :hammer: )

thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

I stayed 3 times in this resort: twice on Fiji and once in Tokelau which I can't recall how good it was. Fiji was really great, close to the Main Ceremonial, and also close the Cove, Marina and Pool. Cm's on the hotel told us this was the best building because all of the above and because you were really in a good place to see the fantasy in the sky fireworks.

-->LUAU

Upvote 0

LoriL

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help! I checked out Tikiman, and then called the hotel to talk to them. Tahiti is lagoon view only (and we booked standard), and I really wanted two sinks in the room to wash all the kid stuff, and the person I spoke to at the front desk suggested Tokelau. Near everything, including the GCH and the TTC and the laundry (!) and with two sinks in all the rooms. I think that if you book a lagoon view, though, Tahiti is the way to go.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We stayed in 3908 Tokelau. It's about a 2-3 minute walk to the GCH and a 5 minute walk to TTC. The view to the right through the palm trees was of MK and GF. (I'll try to attach a pic). The quiet pool was right in front of the building. 3916 (I think) is as close to the beach as you could get (on the third floor). The top of the stairs at the north end of the building is a great place to see the fireworks at MK. Just don't leave your doorwall open or the birds will come right in and help themselves. Let us know how the "crow" situation is now. There were lots when we were there in December.

Attachments

• smallpolypanorama.jpg
    smallpolypanorama.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Yup, there were two sinks, but no phone in the bathroom, lol. Y&B did have a phone next to the toilet. We were so impressed. The only complaint we had about our room at the Poly was that our first evening there, the room next door had their alarm clock going off for a couple of hours. Not Disney's fault but annoying none the less. The front desk finally sent someone to turn it off.

Our only other pet peeves about this resort were that there was no hot tub for the grown ups or play structure for the kids.

In case you find yourself waiting for an elevator all the time, just go around the corner and there's another elevator that's hardly ever used by guests.

Other than these very minor things, we had a GREAT TIME there! The pool is really fantastic, theming is wonderful and having the monorail right there is lots of fun. So many of pictures have parts of the MK in the background that we didn't realize were there when we took them. Have FUN!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

LoriL

Original Poster
Thanks so much-- I have also stayed at the Yacht Club (and loved it) but didn't have any kids then. I've stayed at the Polynesian too (also without kids), and that's why I decided to go back there this time. For a two-year-old boy, I think the theming will be great and the pool will be a lot of fun. The quite pool being nearby will also help. I just wish there were laundry machines available in the building!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom