Which parks should I choose??

Britni p.

Original Poster
hi everyone,

We will be going to Walt Disney World in winter 2017. My husband and I have been before but it was before we had children. This time we are Taking our two kiddos, they will be 1 and 3 years old. We plan on doing MK for 2 days and we want to do another park. I am having a hard time choosing. Please help!!!

Schneewittchen

I always tell people to consider taking their little kids to EPCOT. Your feet will be trashed from MK, so EPCOT can be a day of rest.

I started taking my son EPCOT when he was 15 months, he had a great time, and the adults can have a lovely time drinking beer all afternoon. My daughter enjoyed it as a toddler too. Askershus is an awesome character meal if you have a princess fan in the house, but don't want to wait in the meet n greet lines. Gift shops tend to be mobbed in MK, so I like to do most of my generic souvenir shopping at Mouse Gear in EPCOT.

And there are a ton of baby friendly rides:
Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Living with the Land, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, Ellen's Energy Adventure, American Adventure, Gran Fiesta Tour. Frozen Ever After will be open by then and if it's just a re-theming of Maelstrom, it will be great for the little people.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I always tell people to consider taking their little kids to EPCOT. Your feet will be trashed from MK, so EPCOT can be a day of rest.

I started taking my son EPCOT when he was 15 months, he had a great time, and the adults can have a lovely time drinking beer all afternoon. My daughter enjoyed it as a toddler too. Askershus is an awesome character meal if you have a princess fan in the house, but don't want to wait in the meet n greet lines. Gift shops tend to be mobbed in MK, so I like to do most of my generic souvenir shopping at Mouse Gear in EPCOT.

And there are a ton of baby friendly rides:
Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Living with the Land, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, Ellen's Energy Adventure, American Adventure, Gran Fiesta Tour. Frozen Ever After will be open by then and if it's just a re-theming of Maelstrom, it will be great for the little people.
This ^. Epcot is just a place to drink beer, shop, and if you really want, a bunch of baby rides.

DisneyFans4Life

My vote would be for AK because it has a petting area where the kids can pet goats, pigs, etc. They'd get to ride a train and meet Rafiki. There's a dino area where kids can dig for fossils and a huge playground as well.

There are some rides they'd be able to do, especially the Safari.

SAV

Another vote for AK. The kids will love the Festival of the Lion King and they may be able to be a part of the show.

Tinkerbell397

AK is the way to go. We brought our granddaughter when she was 22 months old and she had a blast. We actually spent 2 days there since the park closes early. She loved eating at The Rainforest Cafe. AK will not disappoint your children. :cat:

jaklgreen

This is a tough one. I say, stay longer and go to all of the parks. Hehe I do love both Epcot and AK. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Where do you want to go? The kids will enjoy themselves no matter what you choose.

carriebeth

People don't seem to like Hollywood so much right now with it being in the middle of all the updates etc but most likely your children are Disney Jr fans at their age and would enjoy Hollywood. They can dine at Hollywood and Vine and meet Disney Jr characters at breakfast and lunch or Mickey, Minnie etc at dinner. If you are not planning on table service meals they can still meet several Disney Jr characters. Toy Story Mania is a great ride for kids. We have always had absolutely fantastic meets with Buzz and Woody...super fantastic. The Disney Jr show is right on target for their ages. They can see the real live Belle and characters at the Beauty and the Beast Show and Little Mermaid Characters at Ariel's show. The effects in Indiana Jones delights my children and the Frozen sing along is a favorite. They can meet a variety of characters in special Hollywood clothing. If they are familiar with Star Wars at all there is plenty of Star Wars things they can enjoy. Depending on the kids, Fantasmic may be a bit intense for them. My toddlers have all been ok with it but I will admit once or twice they have jumped on our laps. I have heard a lot of kids complaining afterwards that it was terrifying.

Epcot is a great place to meet princesses if yours are into that. You can wander through the Showcase and meet one after the other and we have always experienced very short lines. Also the entertainment throughout the showcase can be quite entertaining to young children. THe future world rides and characters have always kept my kids busy without complaints.

There are not many rides for small ones at Animal Kingdom but if they like shows they will be set. Even the bird show was very much enjoyed by my smallest of children. My kids are super fond of the dinosaur play area too. I think they could spend the entire day inside that each trip. Now the Bugs life show has horrified more than one of my toddlers. We don't even take the smaller ones in there anymore. There are lots of characters to be met here too. We have had some neat interactions with a lot of them. I will also say the animals at Disney just seem more active generally on a regular basis than any zoo I have ever been to. Even if your children go to zoos frequently, there is a good chance they can see some unique interesting things with the animals here. Gorillas chasing one another etc.

BrianV

EPCOT- it's the classic. You really have to experience them as you grown up the way we all did. First there was only MK, then MK and EPCOT, and so forth. (Much like the order to watch star wars for kids, 4,5,6,1,2,3,7...)

Kathy T

If your kids are into Disney Junior, consider Hollywood Studios. My son loved the Disney Junior Live on Stage show and also had lunch with the characters from Disney Junior at Hollywood and Vine.

WildernessMan83

hi everyone,

We will be going to Walt Disney World in winter 2017. My husband and I have been before but it was before we had children. This time we are Taking our two kiddos, they will be 1 and 3 years old. We plan on doing MK for 2 days and we want to do another park. I am having a hard time choosing. Please help!!!

Will you have park hopper tickets? If so, do Animal Kingdom in the morning and Epcot in the evening. We have done that several times, however now that I say that, it was prior to AK extending their hours. We've probably spent 25-30 days at the WDW in the last 3 years and I don't think we've spent an entire day at AK or Epcot once.

My boys (4 and 21 months) have been many times and always enjoy Epcot. They probably enjoy it because they get the most treats there but they do enjoy the slow moving rides offered. We enjoy the casual stroll around World Showcase too.

John C. Shepherd

For me it was Epcot and my 4 year old loved it. Going around collecting the stamps and trading pins was a blast for them. The rides were great for all of them and they had plenty to keep them busy all day.

HS would be another good one to me for kids, my kids love all the attractions there and things to do.

Unfortunatly AK is not my kids bag, they are no into the animals or the setting. This was the first park they veto'd going to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom